Name change question??

LynnAnne

Daughter and I will be cruising Oct 30th. She will be getting married Oct 7th. Our cruise and flights are booked under her maiden name. Will she need to have marrige licence with her, I worry about her passport and how fast they could have one with the right name on it.????

Same thing is going on with my future daughter-in-law. They are getting married in October, and we are cruising in November. Cruise and flights are booked in her maiden name, so she's not changing her name until we return from the cruise.

Why worry about name change? Just keep the passport for a couple of weeks and the problem solves itself.

By changing things, you're just creating a problem.

Also wait on the Drivers License. Some ports ask for picture ID & ships card to get into the port area.

Daughter and I will be cruising Oct 30th. She will be getting married Oct 7th. Our cruise and flights are booked under her maiden name. Will she need to have marrige licence with her, I worry about her passport and how fast they could have one with the right name on it.????

It sounds like her passport is in her maiden name. Book the cruise that way and DO NOT change the passport until after the cruise. There will not be any problem as there is no legal requirement that she switch names anyway.

Gotta agree with the above comments. I just went through all the name changing stuff, and I would recommend waiting until after the cruise to change her name. It will keep everything so much easier!!!

Archived