Are You the Only Ones...

MrsZee

My wife and I only go on a cruise once every other year, and feel very lucky to be able to do that. I have read several postings lately about people complaining about be burned out on Carnival for different reason. Like they don't change the lounge show enough. Although I would love to be able to cruise more. I don't think I would want to do it to the point of where I going to get burned out on cruising Carnival.

We are doing 11 cruises this year. We did 10 the last 2 years. We have learned to keep our mouths closed because most people don't understand. At least our kids and grandkids understand. Like someone said without airfare it's so cheap. We spend no money on entertainment other than cruising. That's another thing people don't understand. But why go out to dinner at home when I go out to dinner every night on a ship.

I am with you. Most friends and co-workers think we are nuts. Of course they follow their statement with, "I get sea sick easily" and/or "there is no way I could stay on a boat that long". I no longer try to tell them that the ships are very calm with only minor movement, and that the ships are large and spacious.

Like you, we do not have the air fare issue. I think this has become a concern with the industry that is why you see the cruise lines scattering their ships in so many new ports; example, Disney to Galveston, Miracle to New York. I spoke with a friend that is an executive with one of the cruise lines and he said that is the reasoning for the repositioning. The air fare and TSA were the main reasons people have slowed down vacation flying. Get a ship within 6 hours and people with drive, and granny or little Suzy won't get granny feel'd.

I think cruising is not for everyone. My family has enoyed the 3 cruises that we have been on. We have asked multiple people to join us on the last cruise and the upcoming and they always cancel. Cruising is a great vacation as some other posters have said. Where else can you go have food, entertainment and service like a cruise. If we went to an all inclusive my family would be bored in about 2 days. Cruising we wake up somewhere different for most of the days and have an adventure.

Cruise Critic has added wonderful experiences to my cruising.

I am hoping that I can do another cruise next year, I only wish I lived closer to a port.

Karen

Archived