Fairfield Inn In Newark

bravostar

sunnee...sounds like you have a great plan...

as i have said before, i have stayed up there before/after almost every cruise i've taken from bayonne....and it's fine to just crash, lay your head and dream of your cruise!!

enjoy!

What airport/hotel would you experts suggest for staying pre-cruise? DH and I have been to New York (Manhattan) and done the sight seeing sites many times so they are of no interest to us this time around. We will be sailing out of New York going to Canada/New England and just need a place to rest up as flying is tiresome for DH. Also, what airport would you suggest and does anybody know if any of the chain hotels near the airport offer a shuttle to the port ? Thanks for any advice

We are flying into Newark and we got a great deal at County Inn in Elizabeth. Free hot breakfast and a/p shuttle runs 24 hours. We plan to schedule the Princess shuttle to the port in Brooklyn for $59 pp round-trip. We feel good about this because the lat time in NYC, our transportation was expensive and some taxis say they don't know where the Red Hook (Brooklyn ) pier is.....we were told because alot of Manhattan taxis don't want to leave Manhattan and miss any fares.

We will have one full day to sight see and were in NYC two years ago, so we have already seen a lot of things. We can take the hotel shuttle back to a/p to catch transportation into the city, then back to the Newark a/p and hotel shuttle back to our hotel. So many CC-er's from NYC keep posting how ghetto Newark is every time I mention this plan, but the way I look at it, I am not there to see Newark, I am only sleeping there and I have been in some pretty bad parts of NYC as well and the hotels even in those areas were still expensive. If you have a late flight getting in this plan might work for you. There is a mall across from this hotel with stores and restaurants. But if you have alot of time to kill you might not want to stay in Newark if you are not planning to go into the city. I know this post was lengthy, but I wanted to share my research and you can make your best decision. Good luck and I hope you have a great cruise!!!

sunnee...good info......good plan......and well....no comment about the ghetto comments......frankly, it's getting a little bit redundant.....

As we've said before, beautiful, NOT...reasonably priced-usually yes, not terribly far from NYC or the pier...YUP.....

enjoy your trip!

sunnee...good info......good plan......and well....no comment about the ghetto comments......frankly, it's getting a little bit redundant.....

As we've said before, beautiful, NOT...reasonably priced-usually yes, not terribly far from NYC or the pier...YUP.....

enjoy your trip!

Yes, I know...people are almost getting hateful on the tacky comments about Newark. :eek:

Archived