Which lines have in room babysitting?

luvhubandbabys

I could look it up myself but I figure this may be easier or lazier. lol. Thanks:D:rolleyes:

Celebrity does if they have the man power. Their back up plan is baby sitting at their Kid's club. All depends on availability.

Royal Caribbean. It may only be some of them, not that a few have the nursery.

FYI - just because a ship has a nursery doesn't mean there's no in-cabin babysitting. Children need to be at least 1 year old for in-cabin babysitting, but they can be in the nursery at a younger age. Alternatively, the nursery cuts off at 3 years old, whereas there is no upper age limit for in-cabin sitting as far as I know. So...the two options provide different services.

Those seem to be the 2 right now - RCI and Celebrity. And even if there is only 1 child, you are hiring 2 people for that one child (liability reasons). You pay them cash and I think it's up to $17-$19/hour.

Someone who used them recently might be able to confirm this. I know it started out at $12 but the last time I saw it reported here I am sure it was closer to the higher numbers.

Those seem to be the 2 right now - RCI and Celebrity. And even if there is only 1 child, you are hiring 2 people for that one child (liability reasons). You pay them cash and I think it's up to $17-$19/hour.

Someone who used them recently might be able to confirm this. I know it started out at $12 but the last time I saw it reported here I am sure it was closer to the higher numbers.

We just used the babysitting on Oasis last week. Two babysitters for one child, the cost was $19/hour. Note that the charge goes directly to your SeaPass -- it is not a cash transaction like it used to be. We used the service 2 years ago on Mariner, and it was $10/hour, one babysitter, and payment in cash...so things have definitely changed!

We were on Jewel of the Seas a couple months ago...it was $19/hour on the seapass (plus they are very eager for a tip)....and they send 2 crew to babysit.

They told us that, at least on this ship, they always try to accomodate babysitting requests...and that it's usually people from guests relations.

Adventure Ocean staff told us they are strictly not allowed to babysit, in case you were wondering about that.

Honestly, we would have used it more if it were $10/hour for ONE crew member...$19 seemed a little pricey to me.

You are actually only paying for 1 babysitter on RCI, but they send 2, I guess, to prevent lawsuits or something. It used to be $12 ph, then it went to $15.....inflation is what is happening!! If you have no other options, then it's worth it!

We just used the babysitting on Oasis last week. Two babysitters for one child, the cost was $19/hour. Note that the charge goes directly to your SeaPass -- it is not a cash transaction like it used to be. We used the service 2 years ago on Mariner, and it was $10/hour, one babysitter, and payment in cash...so things have definitely changed!

We were on Jewel of the Seas a couple months ago...it was $19/hour on the seapass (plus they are very eager for a tip)....and they send 2 crew to babysit.

They told us that, at least on this ship, they always try to accomodate babysitting requests...and that it's usually people from guests relations.

Adventure Ocean staff told us they are strictly not allowed to babysit, in case you were wondering about that.

Honestly, we would have used it more if it were $10/hour for ONE crew member...$19 seemed a little pricey to me.

You are actually only paying for 1 babysitter on RCI, but they send 2, I guess, to prevent lawsuits or something. It used to be $12 ph, then it went to $15.....inflation is what is happening!! If you have no other options, then it's worth it!

Great information, thank you for those who have replied!

I'm not sure how you figure that you are only paying for one babysitter. It's $19/hour for two babysitters, and they split the money that you pay. Last time I cruised, it was $10/hour for one babysitter. The cost went up 90% in 2 years. That's not inflation...it's the cost of doubling the staff, thereby doubling the payment.

OOps sorry, it had always been cash before. I am glad to see they are allowing it on the sea pass now. Thanks for letting me now. :D

I heard that too...but I don't believe it. I think they upped the charge to cover both sitters...and that's why it goes on the seapass...so there's no "confusion" about splitting the $$. Just my opinion, I don't know that for a fact.

I think it's ridiculous that they send 2. It seemed pretty silly when we left our sleeping baby with 2 crew -- who were simply watching TV when we left, and when we returned.

I heard that too...but I don't believe it. I think they upped the charge to cover both sitters...and that's why it goes on the seapass...so there's no "confusion" about splitting the $$. Just my opinion, I don't know that for a fact.

I think it's ridiculous that they send 2. It seemed pretty silly when we left our sleeping baby with 2 crew -- who were simply watching TV when we left, and when we returned.

I asked the sitters directly, and they said they split the $19/hour between the two of them. They each get $9.50/hour, so they actually took a pay cut as compared to the old babysitting hour rates (when there was only one sitter). They said the money gets put into their paychecks now, whereas they used to get cash from the passengers.

There is no confusion about this -- you are paying for 2 sitters, and that's what you get.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Age+Requirements&faqId=376&pagename=faq_answers

Babysitting (Youth Program):

For a nominal fee of $6.00 per hour per child, children participating in the Celebrity Youth Program, ages 3-11 years old, can participate in the Afternoon Party from 12:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M. on port days and/or the evening Slumber Party from 10:00 P.M. - 1:00 A.M. daily. Children participating in the Celebrity Youth Program Afternoon and Slumber Parties must be a minimum age of 3 years old and completely toilet trained (diaper/pull-up free). Celebrity Youth Program Afternoon and Slumber Parties are available on all Celebrity vessels year round.

Babysitting (Stateroom Services):

For a nominal fee of $8.00 per hour, for up to two children within the same family, parents can arrange for a private, in-cabin babysitter. Children have to be twelve (12) months old or older to be eligible for in-stateroom babysitting and there are to be not more than two children per babysitter. Babysitting services are available through the Cabin Services Desk onboard all Celebrity vessels. Parents are asked to make all private, in-cabin babysitting requests 24 hours in advance. Private, in-cabin babysitting is subject to personnel availability.

Archived