Spirit 6/19 - 6/26

pimentel7

Just back from New Orleans and the 6/19 - 6/26 Spirit cruise. First time on NCL and it was a good cruise (because it's what you make of it) but certainly not a great one. Will post a review within the next couple of days but happy to answer any questions beforehand.

I also just returned from a cruise on the Spirit. this was our first time on NCl and we really enjoyed it. Our previous crusies have been on RCCL (AOS and FOS). We preferred the Spirit to both other ships. The smaller size is much nicer and the crew was amazing. The embarkation and disembarkation was so smooth and easy. I would love to sail out of NOLA again if all cruises are this smooth. We enjoyed all the ports and liked the Freestyle cruising concept.

There was an announcement made that there ws a man overboard. We were in the Galaxy of the Stars and were able to see the rescue boat leave the ship. An announcement was made that the man was found an in stable condition. At the show the next night they announced that he had been taken from the ship to a hospital in Venice, La. At a question and answer sesion with the captain on the last sea day the captain said he was not able to provide any details as it was a legal matter. rumor was that the man jumped and would be facing jail time and a fine.

Can't wait to hear more about this cruise, as we will be sailing on the Spirit again in 67 days!! Couple of questions: Is there some kind of new "Indian/Thai" restaurant on board?? If so, where is it located and what was the cost? Is there an ice cream machine in the buffet area, as I can't remember one from our cruise in '09?? Is 'second city' comedy club still performing on-board? Thanks in advance for answering!!

Don't know about the resturant, sorry. There is an ice cream machine in the buffet area........soft ice cream. Then there is "regular" ice cream served from a buffet station. My 9 year old grandson loved the chocolate soft ice cream and enjoyed many, many cones of it. Yes, Second City is still performing. I found all of the production shows to be quite good.....NCL's dancers are excellent.

Don't know about the resturant, sorry. There is an ice cream machine in the buffet area........soft ice cream. Then there is "regular" ice cream served from a buffet station. My 9 year old grandson loved the chocolate soft ice cream and enjoyed many, many cones of it. Yes, Second City is still performing. I found all of the production shows to be quite good.....NCL's dancers are excellent.

Thanks for the info! Last time i didnt bring the kids, but this time we are, and they will be THRILLED about the ice cream! Cant wait to see 2nd city again.

We just returned from the June 19th cruise. There is a special dinner one night called "A Taste of India". There is a cover charge but I recall what it was. There is a number of tables set up in the Grand Centrum on embarkation day where you can make reservations for special meals like Jazz brunch, Enchanted Dinner, Mystery Lunch with Second City and the Indian dinner.

Come on with the review! :D Sailing her in 70+ more days and can't read enough of the reviews. I'm so excited.

As for the taste of India offer 1 day out of the sailing, I was told it was only like $10 pp and there are 25 courses and they are yummy! We WILL be trying this! :p

Did you notice if there is a popcorn machine anywhere? We were on the Gem a couple years ago and I did not discover the popcorn (in some obscure bar) until the last night.

Also, what is offered in the spa without paying for an extra pass? Is there a sauna? Hot tub?

Did you stay in the port area of Costa Maya or Cozumel?

Thanks for posting your experience.

Just wondering if recent cruisers noticed if there was an "enchanted dinner" during your cruise -- it's usually held in the art gallery, and is a surcharge (could be $65???). We have done this dinner on the Spirit in the past and it was amazing, and hoping to do it again.

Did you notice if there is a popcorn machine anywhere? We were on the Gem a couple years ago and I did not discover the popcorn (in some obscure bar) until the last night.

Also, what is offered in the spa without paying for an extra pass? Is there a sauna? Hot tub?

Did you stay in the port area of Costa Maya or Cozumel?

In the spa there is a men's area and a women's area. Both have saunas. Very nice when you get out of the hot tub. Also there is the small exercise pool.

In reference to the Spirit, it is the only ship that after our first cruise on her, (we'd cruised about 15 time up to that point on different ships on different lines), that my DH said as we disembarked, "we need to do that again". Being the obedient wife that I am, we cruised on the Spirit twice the following year and are booked for the fourth time in January.

We LOVE the Spirit and hate that she is leaving our shores!!

In reference to the Spirit, it is the only ship that after our first cruise on her, (we'd cruised about 15 time up to that point on different ships on different lines), that my DH said as we disembarked, "we need to do that again". Being the obedient wife that I am, we cruised on the Spirit twice the following year and are booked for the fourth time in January.

We LOVE the Spirit and hate that she is leaving our shores!!

I know, it looks like the "Star" will be taking her place. IS that correct? Have you ever sailed on the "Star"? I may consider booking it, but don't want to get disappointed.

Archived