The Copenhagen Card

My family and I will arrive in Copenhagen on Friday, July 29 and depart on our cruise on Sunday, July 31. We would like to see as much as we can Friday evening and all day Saturday. I looked at the Copenhagen Card website and it appears that I would need to purchase the 72 hour card for 479 DKK/person (approx $92 USD). There are 4 of us and I don't see how beneficial this card is given the cost. We plan on taking the train from the airport to the Wakeup Copenhagen hotel and also take the train from the hotel to the Freeport Terminal on Sunday. We want to spend some time at the Tivoli Gardens (95 DKK/person) and we can walk there from the hotel. Aside from trying to visit 4 expensive museums in one day am I missing something that makes this card a good deal?????????

Don

paid for what we wanted to see,,,like canal tour,tivoli,and Rosenburg castle....for us,,,card was not a good idea...bus was $33 all day...canal about$18...castle $10?? got the 80kroner,,no ride pass in tivoli,,,sadly,that was sort of a disappointment,,,smaller,older,,etc.than I had imagined...but,hey,,I live near Disney...nice city,,have fun,,but pass may not be for you either...;)

Maybe the city pass 180 DKK is a good deal it covers transportation in downtown Copenhagen and and to and from the airport and cruise terminal.

180 DKK for the city pass

95 DKK for Tivoli

That is only 275 DKK instead of 479 DKK and if you use the free museums (resistance and/or national museum) you will still have a good deal.

The round tower is only 25 DKK and a canal tour cost around 40-60 DKK but tell me what places you want to see and i can calculate a price.

My granddaughter and I were there for 3 days, and we opted to stay a little way out of Copenhagen - to avoid the noise and congestion. So, we used the trains and metro quite a bit. The pass is also good for the canal boat rides. You can travel all over about a 50 mile radius on trains with that card - well worth it in my opion. We didn't enjoy Tivoli that much either - the card gets you in, but rides cost extra and the restaurants in there are over priced. However, if you just want to walk around a bit in the shade, it is quite pretty. We stayed in Snekkersten, which is the last stop before Helsingor. We also went to Hillerod - I highly recommend going there to Fredericksborg - what a pretty town and gorgeous castle.

Anyway - I feel I got my $$ worth with trains, boat rides, museums, etc.

I would do it again - especially not to have to hassle with buying tickets all the time for the train.

Thanks for the information everyone. I think I might go for the card. I plan on going to Tivoli on the Friday night of our arrival and spend Saturday seeing as many things as I can. If we get an early start on Saturday we probably can get our money's worth out of the card by taking a canal cruise and visiting other fee attractions and using the train system more often.

Danish Viking- Are there any recommended itineraries that allow you to make the most of a 10 hour day????

Don

I believe there is a 24 hour Copenhagen Card for 225 kr that might be a good fit for your travel plans. You can purchase it at the airport Tourist Info. The DFDS Canal Tour is also included on the Copenhagen Card and might be a good way to get your bearings and ease into the city after a long plane trip. Catch it at the end of the Nyhavn Canal.

The sun will be up a long time, so there is plenty of time for you to see Tivoli (it's open until at least 11 p.m., later on weekends). But note, there is no fireworks show on Friday night. You'd have to catch them on Saturday(11:45 p.m), and to me, the lights and fireworks are what make Tivoli so special. The 72 hour Copenhagen Card will let you go back to Tivoli (or other attractions) once every 24 hours, so if you bought it, you could go on Friday to look around and see the gardens (or entertainment on Friday night) and then go back on Saturday night for the fireworks and the beautiful lights.

Rick Steve's "Scandinavia" (2010 latest edition) is a great travel tool and might help you plan your quick stay in Copenhagen as well as the ports we will be going to on the cruise. Happy trails.

Maybe the city pass 180 DKK is a good deal it covers transportation in downtown Copenhagen and and to and from the airport and cruise terminal.

180 DKK for the city pass

95 DKK for Tivoli

That is only 275 DKK instead of 479 DKK and if you use the free museums (resistance and/or national museum) you will still have a good deal.

The round tower is only 25 DKK and a canal tour cost around 40-60 DKK but tell me what places you want to see and i can calculate a price.

We are not sure what to do. We were going to buy the card for the 72 hours. will need it day one to get to hotel from airport, then next day want to do Tivoli, and Canal tour, we then have another day in copenhagen. Last day have to get from hotel to Seaport. Do not know if the card pays. If you pay as you go can you take the same trains and buses, or are those different. How do you pay for the trains and buses if you do not have a card, and do you know how much it is. Please give me all the help you can. We were going to take a taxi to hotel (wakeup copenhagen) and then a taxi from hotel to ship, but heard that is quite expensive.

thanks

Lynn

You can get tickets at the ticket machine´s at all station and they are both valid for train, metro and busses.

24 hour ticket, citypass and Copenhagen Card can only be purchased at the ticket sales at the station.

You can get tickets at the ticket machine´s at all station and they are both valid for train, metro and busses.

24 hour ticket, citypass and Copenhagen Card can only be purchased at the ticket sales at the station.

what about the clip card. Is that also good for the same transportation as the Copenhagen Card.

The CPH card gives you unlimited transportation but the clipcards gives from 1 hour to 2 hours transportation depending on the number of zones.

2 to 3 zones = 1 hour

4 to 6 zones = 1,5 hours.

7 to all zones (9) = 2 hours.

Archived