Info cruising with teenagers

I will be traveling with my husband and my two children on allure of the seas april 29,2012. Can you please tell me what will there be for my children to do on this ship. I am very concerned with what activites there will be for the 12 year old, he gets bored easily!!!! He is past the dreamworks stage.

Will he be in the childrens activities? Or he doesnt want to join them.

I signed up for the character breakfast, which is a chocolate breakfast I hear .. and Im a adult.

Are you going to take him places with you like the zip line and the rock climbing and the flow rider??

Heck I plan to even get on the carosel (sp). I guess I cant imagine at age 12 being bored by these things.

How outgoing is your child? I would definately suggest he go to the teen club the first night and meet the other kids there. or go to the arcade, he'll meet kids there as well.

And if he plays a sport, have him wear a T-shirt for the team he plays for. My oldest son is a bit shy and usually keeps to himself. On the first day of our Liberty cruise he was wearing a T-Shirt from a running camp he went to. In the Windjammer a kid stopped him and said he went to the same camp, but on different dates. They wound up training together on sea days.

My step-daughter is VERY outgoing, she makes friends with everyone! She is still friends with girls she met on our Explorer cruise 3 years ago, so she would have been 12 then.

Edited by 01Sweetpea

My son was 12 when we were on Liberty last summer. He made a friend w/in the first 2 hours of being on the ship at the pool....after that, we rarely saw him! If your son is outgoing, he will not have a problem making friends. Like another poster said, make sure to go to the kids club and arcade...the kids hang out in droves! Have fun!

• 2 years later...
My son was 12 when we were on Liberty last summer. He made a friend w/in the first 2 hours of being on the ship at the pool....after that, we rarely saw him! If your son is outgoing, he will not have a problem making friends. Like another poster said, make sure to go to the kids club and arcade...the kids hang out in droves! Have fun!

So 12 year olds can hang out at the teen club? My daughter is very excited to participate in this activity and I was worried 12 year olds wouldn't be allowed in.

So 12 year olds can hang out at the teen club? My daughter is very excited to participate in this activity and I was worried 12 year olds wouldn't be allowed in.

On Royal the teen club is officially for ages 12-17 (I understand that it is usally broken into two smaller groups: 12-14 and 15-17--we have only sailed in the Med in soldier season and there are never enough teens to break it up like that).

The "teen" program runs from 12-17; inclusive... Normally,they are broken in to 2 groups 12-14 and 15-17.

"Fuel", the teen lounge is open all day; If there are no planned activities, then it's a good meeting place.

The Teen program "formal" activities start the first night. There is no sign up needed for the the teen program. The teens are free to come and go as they please.

My two DDs, both shy, had no problem meeting kids their own age and finding things to do.

Aloha,

John

I will be traveling with my husband and my two children on allure of the seas april 29,2012. Can you please tell me what will there be for my children to do on this ship. I am very concerned with what activites there will be for the 12 year old, he gets bored easily!!!! He is past the dreamworks stage.

He is very outgoing & tends to be the life of the party! He is just a little anxious about the boat sinking, yes he has seen the titanic too many times!

I would think that a good sinking should take care of any boredom issues.