STAR Princess

diereibbor

I was on the Star 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful. Just have a terrific time. Try Sabatinis if you can; it's well worth the $20. Great food, excellent service, and a chance to try all sorts of different things. Make reservations the first day. The small pool at the back of the ship is a great place to lounge.

We just returned from the Star last week. It was wonderful. Yes, you do have to make reservations first thing at Sabatini's. It was almost full by the time we went to make reservations two days later. Lovely atmosphere but the food just keeps on coming. My advice is to go famished - in other words make sure you are starved because there is so much. Take just small portions from the first few trays that they bring out because you will never make it to your entre if you don't. My sister and I were too full by the time the salad and soup were to be served. There is a real mixture of tastes and flavours though. I've done it once, won't do it again.

The fountain of champagne is awesome which you shouldn't miss. It is rather late at night though but we managed to stay up for it.

The Star is a great ship.

Sterling's/Tequila's has excellant steaks. The dining rooms are all good....but for a casual lunch don't forget the poolside grill for burgers or the pizza place for pizza.

For a nice view go to the observation deck located on top of the bridge (in front of the Spa and Gym) or to the stern of the boat to watch the wake.

You will have a wonderful time onboard.

Don't forget to use the wet and dry saunas. We didn't find them until late on our cruise. They are located in each of the change rooms. A set for men and a set for women. I loved using the wet sauna and there was hardly ever anyone in there. They provide robes and towels and there are nice big showers in there too.

Archived