Queens Grill Cabin Bar

SALAD MUNCHER

Does anyone know how you notify your drinks preferences for your in cabin minibar in the Queens Grill cabins? I think I read on here in the past that you are sent an email before you sail requesting the information, but when I was on QV last month a friend who was in QG said they heard nothing beforehand but were asked by the Butler once they were in their cabin on embarkation.

Does anyone know how you notify your drinks preferences for your in cabin minibar in the Queens Grill cabins? I think I read on here in the past that you are sent an email before you sail requesting the information, but when I was on QV last month a friend who was in QG said they heard nothing beforehand but were asked by the Butler once they were in their cabin on embarkation.

Simply call your butler on arrival.

Ignore the printed form that is issued.

Order what you want.

Enjoy it!

Stewart

Order what you want.

Enjoy it!

Stewart

Of course on QE2 one didn't have to call the butler - one of them was always handy and it was part of the welcome home routine when greeted at your cabin.

WD

Order what you want.

Enjoy it!

Stewart

Thanks! Although not first time on Cunard, it's our first time in QG. Do you think it's possible to order a specific brandy, for example Otard, as this is my hubbie's tipple!

Hi Sue - I think if you want something specific it might well be worth emailing them in advance unless you know for sure that they carry that brand in their bars.

I just asked for Sambucca, didn't specify a brand and they were happy to oblige.

Would you check out the spa for me please and see if they have fruit baskets on the tables? Thanks

Have a wonderful time in Queens Grill - we are still trying to lose all the pounds we put on!:D

Of course on QE2 one didn't have to call the butler - one of them was always handy and it was part of the welcome home routine when greeted at your cabin.

WD

William ! One didn't have Butlers on the QE2. Only senior steward/ss who were responsible for the 'one or two QG suites'. The Butler position was only introduced on Cunard with the arrival of the QM2.

Bell Boy .( been around far too long when it comes to anything Cunard ! ;))

William ! One didn't have Butlers on the QE2. Only senior steward/ss who were responsible for the 'one or two QG suites'. The Butler position was only introduced on Cunard with the arrival of the QM2.

Bell Boy .( been around far too long when it comes to anything Cunard ! ;))

I'm sorry but you are wrong. The Q1s and Q2s had a buttler to service them. You may have "been around far too long when it comes to anything Cunard" but that doesn't stop you being wrong in this case.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. The Q1s and Q2s had a buttler to service them.

I even met one of them from QE2 last month whilst on board QM2. His name is Peter and we were able to talk about other mutual acquaintances, but back then it was only for Q1's & Q2's as you rightly point out.

Stewart

I even met one of them from QE2 last month whilst on board QM2. His name is Peter and we were able to talk about other mutual acquaintances, but back then it was only for Q1's & Q2's as you rightly point out.

Stewart

Actually, to be quite frighteningly pedantic, they also covered QS grade cabin 8200 and Q3 grade cabin 8183. These two cabins were serviced by the two butlers for the Sun Deck.

There were three butlers, as you no doubt know, for Signal Deck, plus a night butler.

Making six butlers on board the ship.

I remember Peter too. Amongst others.

I'll now go and get my anorak! :D

WD

I never considered the Queen's suites. Do they stock you up some terrific bar, or what? Or is it just a few bottles and a flailing passenger sans recipes?

I can imagine an awesome time if I had a QG suite that was big, and I threw a huge party there. On the other hand, the bars are the place to be. Drinking alone (with companion) on a Cunard ship?

Hi Sue - I think if you want something specific it might well be worth emailing them in advance unless you know for sure that they carry that brand in their bars.

I just asked for Sambucca, didn't specify a brand and they were happy to oblige.

Would you check out the spa for me please and see if they have fruit baskets on the tables? Thanks

Have a wonderful time in Queens Grill - we are still trying to lose all the pounds we put on!:D

Hi again! Glad you responed to my post wanted to ask you how you enjoyed med mosaic in your Q3 suite! Shame I didn't get a chance to see you before we disembarked as would have loved a chat! Just been allocated a Q4 cabin on deck 7 - just as I thought! It's weird, booked an A4 guarantee for med mosaic and got an A4 but would have loved something a bit higher as I was with my 80 year old mum, and now having booked a Q7 guarantee with my hubbie, a cabin (suite) grade which I would have been very happy with, have received a Q4 upgrade, which I should be very grateful for but feel a little indifferent about - poor Cunard can't win! Anyway please keep in touch it was lovely to meet you and your partner, and thanks again for letting us all snoop around your cabin!

Best wishes, Sue

I'm sorry but you are wrong. The Q1s and Q2s had a buttler to service them. You may have "been around far too long when it comes to anything Cunard" but that doesn't stop you being wrong in this case.

Hi Pnhmrk,

I agree in part with what you are saying.. Of course the Q1s & Q2s had 'senior crew members' ( eg. Don ,Peter etc etc) to look after those few top suites.(QE2).

In those days we were known as a Seaman, as part of the Merchant Marine. Although you may have refered to us as a butler our responsibilities and job discription were not the same as it is today :(

It's only since the introduction of the QM2 that Cunard has officially recruited Butlers, many of these guys & Gals came direct from a butler school or top hotels. ;)

PS. Good to see there is some enthusiastic support for Cunard on this site. Thanks

Bell Boy :)

In those days we were known as a Seaman

I am not talking about the times when Cunard was still a British company. In the Farewell Season Brochure - QE2: Queens Grill Experience you can read "Our very top categories feature the ultimate extravagance - a personal butler to unpack your suitcases, keep your private bar stocked to your personal preference and serve pre-dinner canapés and caviar."

Therefore the concept of Cunard calling their staff butlers was not new on the QM2.

One didn't have Butlers on the QE2.

And

It's only since the introduction of the QM2 that Cunard has officially recruited Butlers

Are two quite different matters. To say that the QE2 didn't have butlers is quite different from saying that they only appeared after the QM2 started.

In those days we were known as a Seaman, as part of the Merchant Marine. Although you may have refered to us as a butler our responsibilities and job discription were not the same as it is today :(

That is really interesting as passengers on QE2 always would refer to such Seamen of Q1 and Q2 cabins as Butlers. But even the stewards for Q3 and Q4 cabins on QE2 were generally excellent, and as good as butlers now on QM2.

Hi again! Glad you responed to my post wanted to ask you how you enjoyed med mosaic in your Q3 suite! Shame I didn't get a chance to see you before we disembarked as would have loved a chat! Just been allocated a Q4 cabin on deck 7 - just as I thought! It's weird, booked an A4 guarantee for med mosaic and got an A4 but would have loved something a bit higher as I was with my 80 year old mum, and now having booked a Q7 guarantee with my hubbie, a cabin (suite) grade which I would have been very happy with, have received a Q4 upgrade, which I should be very grateful for but feel a little indifferent about - poor Cunard can't win! Anyway please keep in touch it was lovely to meet you and your partner, and thanks again for letting us all snoop around your cabin!

Best wishes, Sue

We had a wonderful time in our Q3.

Like you, I too really hankered after one of the aft cabins, especially the ones with the wrap round balcony.

You will be really spoilt in QG, if you are like me you may wish to take some slightly larger clothes for the final days on-board!:D

We have booked a Britannia club cabin for our November trip but live in hope of an upgrade.

The only trouble with booking QG is that you will want to book every trip in QG. Have a wonderful cruise. It was lovely meeting you and your Mum.

Glen

We had a wonderful time in our Q3.

Like you, I too really hankered after one of the aft cabins, especially the ones with the wrap round balcony.

You will be really spoilt in QG, if you are like me you may wish to take some slightly larger clothes for the final days on-board!:D

We have booked a Britannia club cabin for our November trip but live in hope of an upgrade.

The only trouble with booking QG is that you will want to book every trip in QG. Have a wonderful cruise. It was lovely meeting you and your Mum.

Glen

Hi again! it was also lovely to meet you and your other half! I have never sailed QG before and am toally looking forward to it. We did do PG on QM2 last Nov but were not too impressed, particularly with the dining room! However, I really loved QV in June and cannot wait to travel QG....I am already looking for looser style clothes for the back end of the trip! Do keep in touch! best wishes, Sue

Archived