Men's Swim Trunks

bcd2010

My boyfriend and every other young man I know wears boxers underneath his swimsuit. Apparently, it's the popular thing to do. It's been popular about for about five-six years (well, not from my boyfriend, but from seeing other boys' boxers poking above their swimsuit). I don't think anyone has mentioned this, and I'm very surprised.

My bf wears the knit, short boxer type, but I have seen other boys wearing the printed boxer shorts.

Bf wears board shorts, but several of my male friends wear swim trunks with boxers, as well. They say it's comfortable...

I did in post #8, re my sons. They are 29 and 35...wow, how'd they get so old?:rolleyes: Anyway, they won't wear an inseam shorter than 9". The board shorts go to the knee, but not below the knees.

I did in post #8, re my sons. They are 29 and 35...wow, how'd they get so old?:rolleyes: Anyway, they won't wear an inseam shorter than 9". The board shorts go to the knee, but not below the knees.

Oh, my bad - must've skipped over it! :)

I've seen some board shorts go below the knee, depending on how short the guy is. :D

My husband (did I mention he wore speedos when I met him?:eek:) hates fabric. He would *never* wear boxers under board shorts. I think he'd get hives even thinking about it:D

He did find a very nice pair of swim trunks on sale at the Tommy Bahama outlet last weekend. Still might get him those Lands End trunks with the 3 piece mesh lining with "better" placement of seams;)

I also hate too much material under my bathing suits, so I wear a jockstrap underneath to keep things in place. I think I am showing my age (mid 40s) as jocks seem to be a thing of the past. I just really hate too much wet material, so it serves its purpose.

Hi BCD2010,

Look around... especially at this time of year... lots of bathing suits start going on sale.

There are two kinds of constructions for the "inner workings"... one is literally an open mesh, the kind your guys obviously have... and then there are some that have a silky material that isn't meshy at all. Fabric kind of reminds me of what women's fine lingiere is like (think slips, camisoles, chimises here)...

Mr Sloop used to buy the brands with the mesh inserts... but it drove him nuts !! (Pun intended :rolleyes: )

Now he has a pair that has the silky insert, and is much more comfortable.

--- --- ---

As for the Junk in the Trunks comments... have to agree... I too have been flashed by men who didn't have a clue there was a problem... I had to just get up and walk away... As a middle-aged woman, over the years I've obviously seen it all... and I can tell a guy when his fly is down... but when "the boys" are actually on show in a social situation... I am absolutely speachless :eek:

And to be honest he has enough problems... I'm afraid telling them would be embarrasing for both of us... :o

Hopefully a guy notices and will tell the offending party one-on-one, man-to-man that there is a problem.

Cheers!

There are two kinds of constructions for the "inner workings"... one is literally an open mesh, the kind your guys obviously have... and then there are some that have a silky material that isn't meshy at all. Fabric kind of reminds me of what women's fine lingiere is like (think slips, camisoles, chimises here)...

Thanks - I thought I remembered the different kinds of linings - we'll look around. And thanks to all who have participated in this thread - in addition to getting a lot of info, it shows me that this isn't an isolated problem.

My DH started wearing swim trunks with a full mesh liner - he always hated the "banana hammock" mesh until we found a pair of fully lined O'Neil swim trunks. Now that is all he wears - you have to search to find them and they tend to be white (with patterns on them). We have found them at surf shops.

• 2 weeks later...
My teenage son and his friends all seem to wear the compression shorts they wear under their ball uniforms...dont know if this helps or not, but thought I'd share that as an option, too!

This is what DH does as well.... Target has Champion branded ones for $10-11, in white, black, and grey. DH always wears them to prevent chafing.

This is what DH does as well.... Target has Champion branded ones for $10-11, in white, black, and grey. DH always wears them to prevent chafing.

thanks for the info--i remember when hubby wores these under his soft-ball shorts (probably still around here somewhere-but am sure the elastic is gone) so will check out Target.

thanks to the poster that mentioned them in the first place too!!

Archived