Men's Swim Trunks

bcd2010

DS asked me to ask - the mesh lining in swim trunks causes him discomfort on the upper inner thigh (yes, right under his "stuff") when he walks. He says it's not the banding around the legs. Anyone else run into this problem and if so, how did you deal with it? Are there any manufacturers who deal with this problem in some way? Any suggestions?

Oh, believe me, he will keep things in place (no public displays - he's pretty modest). (I remember being at a Parents Without Partners function many years ago when a guy straddled a pool lounger and sat down. :eek:OMG, :eek: OMG, :eek: OMG... :eek:)

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll pass them on.

Do your guys also actually swim in trunks with linings cut out or in board shorts? I guess these things fit snugger than regular shorts so they stay on in the pool? And probably the fabric is different from that in regular shorts?

I think my sons keep their boxers on under their board shorts. They're adults now, so I don't ask, but I recall seeing a peek of the elastic above the waistband....which is never to be worn at the waist!:rolleyes:

Lands End has some nice looking trunks (we're shopping at outlets for my husband this weekend but if we don't find some we like, we're ordering these) They come in 3 different lengths, and - this might be applicable for your husband:

The Shorts have a three-piece mesh liner (most others are two-piece, with a seam where you'd prefer there wasn't).

http://www.landsend.com/pp/6034FloralVolleyShorts~220917_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::PU1&CM_MERCH=IDX_Swimwear-_-Men&origin=index

Thanks again for the additional info. He's going try the Body Glide and order the Land's End trunks.

Yes, DS is an adult, too, and I don't ask personal questions - he volunteered the info, or more accurately asked if I knew about any brands/styles that would be different. He likes to wear the trunks all day so he's prepared for the water at a moments notice.

I just love this forum and appreciate everyone who helps out. I've never paid a lot attention to clothes and feel so dumb at times - fortunately, I can come here and get help on pretty much anything and I've learned a lot. Again, thanks so much!

Guest maddycat
Lands End has some nice looking trunks (we're shopping at outlets for my husband this weekend but if we don't find some we like, we're ordering these) They come in 3 different lengths, and - this might be applicable for your husband:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/6034FloralVolleyShorts~220917_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::PU1&CM_MERCH=IDX_Swimwear-_-Men&origin=index

I bought these for my husband last month. He's very happy with them. Excellent quality. Good fit.

I bought these for my husband last month. He's very happy with them. Excellent quality. Good fit.

Good to know -thanks! I know I've been very happy with LE for my own swimwear!

My husband likes that they come in a short length (6") which can be hard for him to find - he hate long/baggy swim trunks (when I met him, he was wearing speedos, so.....we compromise:p)

And bcd2010- apologies - I said "husband" in my response, not noticing you used DS and not DH. Ah well:o

Cut the mesh out. no need to wear anything under the shorts. Nothing will pop out, no worries.

I agree with Hoyaheel! Things certainly do pop out! :rolleyes: I have nightmares about it!:eek: For the love of God...keep the junk in the trunks!:)

Having seen this happen, so NOT true for all men and all swimtrunks:eek:

I agree with Hoyaheel! Things certainly do pop out! :rolleyes: I have nightmares about it!:eek: For the love of God...keep the junk in the trunks!:)

It seems to me that if the trunks are loose enough to need a mesh lining, they're loose enough to not always keep things contained. ;)

I thought we were talking about board shorts? Unless your a freak of nature :eek: you should be alright.

My teenage son and his friends all seem to wear the compression shorts they wear under their ball uniforms...dont know if this helps or not, but thought I'd share that as an option, too!

I thought we were talking about board shorts? .

I was talking about "swim trunks", which was the topic of the original post - and not all men (my husband chief among them) want fabric down to or below their knee - so that precludes "board" shorts.

I think that if the suit is only a few inches long in the inseam, you need to either leave the net in or wear a jockstrap or something along those lines to avoid showing things that shouldn't be shown in public.

For board shorts or suits that are down to at least mid-thigh, feel free to remove the net.

Yes, I was talking about swim trunks, not board shorts. Land's End has some where the seam is only 6" - DS is 5'7 and that is plenty long for him - he's ordered some and will see if the better lining helps.

Yes, I was talking about swim trunks, not board shorts. Land's End has some where the seam is only 6" - DS is 5'7 and that is plenty long for him - he's ordered some and will see if the better lining helps.

I'm wearing shorts with a six inch inseam right now, and when I sit down, they ride up to be about a two inch inseam...

He's definitely going to have to be aware of making sure they are covering "things" when he sits down in them if he removes the lining.

My boyfriend and every other young man I know wears boxers underneath his swimsuit. Apparently, it's the popular thing to do. It's been popular about for about five-six years (well, not from my boyfriend, but from seeing other boys' boxers poking above their swimsuit). I don't think anyone has mentioned this, and I'm very surprised.

My bf wears the knit, short boxer type, but I have seen other boys wearing the printed boxer shorts.

Bf wears board shorts, but several of my male friends wear swim trunks with boxers, as well. They say it's comfortable...

Archived