Disembarking in FLL - will flight times work?

loliola

Ok, so booked flights in January for our November cruise. The flight from FLL left at 11:05 a.m....now this has been changed to 10:15 a.m.:eek: The ship docks at 7 a.m. and it is a Tuesday morning...should I be worried? We do carry off our own luggage...

Honestly, I can't say I would be comfortable with that. It's probably doable, but very vulnerable to delays or problems, and I don't think I would want that stress level last day of cruise.

I'd see if they will switch you to a later flight given the change.

The only later flight involves a 6-hour layover in atlanta, and arriving home at midnight. I can get everyone off the boat by 8 a.m. and the airport is only about 10 minutes by cab, so I think we will risk it.

The ship docks at 7 a.m. and it is a Tuesday morning...should I be worried? We do carry off our own luggage...

You shouldn't have any problems at all...unless there is a delay clearing the ship for disembarkation.

If you self-disembark at 7:00am and take a taxi to the airport, you could very well be checking in for your flight by 7:45am. We've done it.

Lew

It may be Tuesday and you might be able to get everyone off by 0800am

HOWEVER

a) what happens if the ship is late tying up alongside?

b) Customs and Immigration/Homeland Security are not always the most timely known to man, and as such while you may be scheduled to dock at 6 or 7, there is no guarantee that the ship will be cleared for you in time to clear the vessel, transport to FLL in adequate advance time for checkin and security and race to the gate for your A/C

c) A/C board 30 mins prior to pull back from the gate meaning you're boarding at 0945am so you need to forget the 1015 numbers, remembering that if you're not at the gate for boarding "X" minutes prior to pullback that yu may show up to find your seats are gone.

I would strongly suggest that you tell the airline that the rescheculed flight times are unacceptable and to book you for a later flight.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived