Can I?

Hi, we will be going on Oasis this Saturday, and we are looking forward to getting flowrider lessons, but I have a quick question about them. First, can I use my OBC to book them, when i get on the ship? Second, how much do lessons cost, and during what hours can you get them? Thanks in advance guys, this cruise can't come fast enough.

If you sign into your booking and click on flow rider under the pre arrangements, it will show the price.

I know my cruise roomie said WOW the lessons are expensive. The only way I could find out would be to go thru signing in and looking myself... I know its listed.

Yes as the previous person states you can use OBC.. The lessons are $60pp or you can rent the entire wave for an hour for $300 total. The times vary, just go up to the desk and ask. Usually they have some early morning and late evening and few in between. Our's were 7pm and 8:30pm just for an FYI. Have fun. Ask for Jackie when you go and Adam too if he is still there.

Or, you can just get in line and give it a try...they will "coach" you a bit....then, get in line again....you'll learn and it won't cost a thing!

The beauty of a common sense answer.....:D

Unless you are totally out-of-shape or clumsy you really don't need private lessons.

I got it on the first try and was able to stay on for quite a while.

Just give it a try before wasting your money.

Overall it really isn't that fun. Like the rockwall, it's something to try once or twice and thats about it...

Be sure to sign the waiver for the Flowrider on the web site. They just scan your card and you get in line. You can do them for the zipline and climbing wall at the same time. Otherwise, you fill out a form.

My husband had one of the lessons for stand-up surfing on the Flowrider. They do spend more time with each person in the lesson, but if there wasn't have a big line at a free time, the instructors stepped up and helped everyone learn some tricks when their turn came.

Unless you are totally out-of-shape or clumsy you really don't need private lessons.

I got it on the first try and was able to stay on for quite a while.

Just give it a try before wasting your money.

Overall it really isn't that fun. Like the rockwall, it's something to try once or twice and thats about it...

For me both these activities can challenge you. Yes, you can simply try the standard things and may get them quickly but watch others for a while and there will likely be something that will take more than one try to accomplish. I've been rock climbing, both indoors and out, for many years yet have always found at least one route on the ship's rock wall that I have to work at to complete. And frequently there's one I can't. Find the expert on the crew for each of these activities and ask them to challenge you. No matter your level they'll likely be able to accomodate your request. An example from a few years ago when Octavian was on Explorer - How far can you get up the wall without using the holds? :eek:

Archived