Canada/New England Cruise

Does anyone know why there is no RCI Canada & New England cruise for July or Aug 2012 ?

Apologies if this has been a thread previously, but we are trying to decide on 2012 cruise and would really like to do this itinerary, however we are tied to School Holidays.....

I would appreciate any advice or tips on this !

The cruises up here are planned around the Fall foliage changes. While I agree, they should expand the season to include the month of August as well for those of us that would like to visit the ports and don't really care about the foliage, there doesn't seem to be an overwhelming demand for this itinerary. They seem happy to stuff everyone into an eight week period. Plus the less offerings they provide, the more exclusive they become and the more they can charge.

Does anyone know why there is no RCI Canada & New England cruise for July or Aug 2012 ?

Apologies if this has been a thread previously, but we are trying to decide on 2012 cruise and would really like to do this itinerary, however we are tied to School Holidays.....

I would appreciate any advice or tips on this !

Most of the cruiselines have determined that there is insufficient demand for such cruises in the summer months. This was discussed in detail at a recent conference in NY on the subject of increasing the length of the New England/cruise season into the summer months, and the executives pretty much indicated that as long as they were able to make more revenue by deploying their ships elsewhere and until the New England ports could better promote their destinations and raise demand, nothing was going to change.:)

There are definitely summer cruises to New England/Canada....we leave on one on July 14, and it's a repeat of one there in August of 2007.

You're right, there are; and there have been for at least several past summers. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they're going to keep doing them next summer. This is disappointing to me, as I had hoped to do that itinerary, and I too am tied to school schedules.

If anyone can elaborate on the meeting of the executives in New York that was alluded to above, I'd surely be interested.

We have done the Maasdam 7 day and the 9 day on Grandeur out of Baltimore. I preferred the 9 day because it offered 3 sea days and added Boston as a stop. Summer is a great time to do Canada/New England to me because it offers a nice break from hot summer weather. I hate that it will not be offered as the temperatures are in the 60's and 70's for much of the trip even in July.

The 9 night Canada/New England from Baltimore on the Enchantment of Seas July 14 - 23 has been 100% sold out for at least the last 6 or 7 weeks. It does not show on the booking site becuase there is no availability. I leave in two weeks and can't wait. Has 2012 been released yet from Baltiomre it was the 2nd week of July last year

Archived