Best Shore Excursions In Bermuda ?/

pdteneyck

Last week we did the Triangle Shipwreck Snorkel. Compared to the keys it was not good. The boat and the folks who ran the excursion were great. However when it comes to seeing fish and coral the keys are 10X's better. If its your 1st time snorkeling it will be fine. We also did the one hour jet ski tour. It was ok if you like running wide open at 45 mph 90% of the time. I'm a boater and have ridden jet ski's many time. Lets just say it was a pretty uncomfortable 60 minutes

Our 1st day there we had Colin Jennings (private tour guide). I've got to give him kudos'. We toured with him for 5 hours and saw 99% of the island. Very nice gentlemen who seemed to know everything & everyone on Bermuda.

Skip the cave tour if you have already seen one in the US. Nothing really special about it.

we took the ferry to hamilton and then a taxi to the swizzle inn. i have pics of my parents there 52 yrs ago. had a good lunch and then took a taxi to tobacco bay beach. it was wonderful. chaises to rent,small beach bar type place,water warm,calm and shallow quite a ways out and snorkeled the interesting rocks. took a "taxi" (just a local quy) up the hill to the st george ferry and got the last one back. spent a lot on taxis-would have been much cheaper to just take the ferry to st george directly. the village is lovely. there were people left by the 3:34 and 6pm ferry. get there early-at least 45 min.

The excursion we enjoy the most is the Rising Sun Catamaran Snorkel & Swim! We do it everytime we sail to Bermuda which is quite frequently. It's not listed on NCL's sight for some reason but I called the NCL Excursion number and booked it last night as we are going in a few weeks. If you decide to do this excursion hope you enjoy it!!

Last week we did the Triangle Shipwreck Snorkel. Compared to the keys it was not good. The boat and the folks who ran the excursion were great. However when it comes to seeing fish and coral the keys are 10X's better. If its your 1st time snorkeling it will be fine. We also did the one hour jet ski tour. It was ok if you like running wide open at 45 mph 90% of the time. I'm a boater and have ridden jet ski's many time. Lets just say it was a pretty uncomfortable 60 minutes

Our 1st day there we had Colin Jennings (private tour guide). I've got to give him kudos'. We toured with him for 5 hours and saw 99% of the island. Very nice gentlemen who seemed to know everything & everyone on Bermuda.

Skip the cave tour if you have already seen one in the US. Nothing really special about it.

How much was the tour roughly p/p with Colin and how did you arrange it?

The excursion we enjoy the most is the Rising Sun Catamaran Snorkel & Swim! We do it everytime we sail to Bermuda which is quite frequently. It's not listed on NCL's sight for some reason but I called the NCL Excursion number and booked it last night as we are going in a few weeks. If you decide to do this excursion hope you enjoy it!!

Can you explain a little more about this excursion, such as is it day or even cruise, how long is the cruise, how much and which day it is on.. thanks

Lisa

hands down, Hartley's Helmet Diving. We booked this excursion in 2009, in 1999 my fiance did the same excursion. Hartley has been doing this for YEARS and is so knowledgeable and such a great guide. We had a blast, holding fish while standing on the ocean floor. Just wonderful.

We LOVE the 5 hour Island Tour (shore excursion). We book it every year thru NCL and its on a chartered bus. Its a great way to see the island. I can't remember the price. I think it was $79 pp. Its on the shore excursion website. We book it every year. Also, we really enjoy the Hideaways of the Rich and Famous. Its a boat tour of some of the most beautiful scenery.

To Bermuda Lover,

The Rising Sun Snorkel & Swim Catamaran excursion, if you are sailing on the Dawn, is on Monday AM, I believe, and Tuesday PM @ 1:30 I believe it's 3 or 3 1/2 hours. They leave from near the cruise ship and bring you back to the cruise ship. It's $68.00 per adult not sure price for children. On the way to where you snorkel & swim the crew will give a pretty good history of the island, explain how to use the snorkel gear etc and when they arrive at the area for snorkeling & swimming they pull into 5 1/2 or 6 feet of water and you can enter water by the ladder or jumping from the ladder. You have a few hours of snorkeling, swimming with noodles provided or kayaking in small plastic kayaks or one man plastic canoes. We love the water so find this is ideal for the entire family. My husband & I are older & do not snorkel but swim the whole time & they usually go to an area where you can swim to a little beach if you like. Lots of fish to see & turtles. Last year when we went on this excursion we had wind going back so they were able to use full sails until we got near the dock. It was awesome!! We are going with our children & grandchildren this year which we did about 8 years ago and they all wanted to do this excursion again as they enjoyed it so much!

PS Bermuda Lover

I almost forgot, on the way back to the cruise ship you can have all the rum punch you would like!!!!!!!!! Juice or soda & water for anyone who doesn't drink alcohol!

We LOVE the 5 hour Island Tour (shore excursion). We book it every year thru NCL and its on a chartered bus. Its a great way to see the island. I can't remember the price. I think it was $79 pp. Its on the shore excursion website. We book it every year. Also, we really enjoy the Hideaways of the Rich and Famous. Its a boat tour of some of the most beautiful scenery.

I TOTALLY agree with you, leekel. This was one of the best tours I have ever taken. My only problem was that we were not in Hamilton long enough.

I TOTALLY agree with you, leekel. This was one of the best tours I have ever taken. My only problem was that we were not in Hamilton long enough.

Ugh... I took this with my senior mother and we hated it.

Our bus driver was "shaft", and we felt we got the shaft. Told us nothing we couldn't get out of wikipedia.

$79 pp packed in a full city bus, driven by a city bus driver whose narrating quality and depth was exactly like you'd expect out of a city bus driver, who is following public bus routes. And the 5 hours included 1 hour of self-wandering around St. George.

I'd think this tour would be fair for $25. For $79 I expected lunch, visit non-free sites, some special insight, and a full time, professional tour guide narrating.

Our favorite way to see Bermuda is on our own. It is so easy to pick up transportation passes and then see the Island at your own pace. In St. George we toured Fort St. Catherine and went to Tobacco Bay. We took a bus to Horshoe Bay beach for half of one day, and then spent the rest shopping in Hamilton. We also took a tour of Discovery Caves and then did a morning at Snorkel park, which were both great activities with kids. We did take the Catameran Snorkel excursion, which was amazing. Have fun, Bermuda is beautiful! :)

I agree with cruisendave. I find the best way to do the island is to pick up a 2 or 3 day buss/ferry pass and make our own plans. This way we can go at our pace and overall the cost is much less than planned excursions. Bermuda is a very easy island to get around.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

Touring on your own is definitely an inexpensive option. We've done that many times with the bus/ferry passes. But its not the same for us any more. We've already been to the places you can visit on the way, did the whole wait for the bus to come back...its fun but we're getting too old. We mainly just love cruising and then take a couple unique tours now. Land and shoreline.

I really love the idea of sitting back and taking in the scenery and having the tour guide tell us things. I'll admit, one year we had a tour guide on the 5 hour island tour and we couldn't even understand him. He had a serious speech impediment and mix that with his accent. And he made us sing a few times. It was odd. I can't believe they let him be a tour guide.

Yes some things you can learn on wikipedia, or common sense i.e. "this is a bank on your right"but that's the case with any place in the world you may visit. Personally, we probably know MORE about Bermuda than the tour guides! I've done so much research. I mainly go along for the ride and look out the window the whole time. I like to marvel that I'm on a small island in the middle of no where. :) We really do learn new things. We all ask questions.

But we've had some of the BEST times on those tours! They're always different and going with our fellow cruise passengers is fun. That's too bad dach had such a bad experience.

I don't really like walking around St George for close to an hour either. There's nothing to do there anymore, its like a ghost town when we go, usually April or May. We find a shady spot and have an icecream. There's no time for lunch.

The snorkel trip sounds fun. I can't bear for salt water to dry all over me, especially my lips:eek: I need a shower ASAP.

We don't do the glassbottom boats anymore. Especially since they cancelled the Sunset Cocktail cruise. That was great. Open bar the whole trip, underwater lights, beautiful sunset and lovely music coming back to port. I hope they bring it back.

~Cindy

Cindy, try the Rum Swizzle Sunset Cruise next time. We did this in May and loved it. The captain was fun and knowledgable, and the rum swizzles just kept on coming. I had to call NCL to book it though because it sold out in March.

Cindy, try the Rum Swizzle Sunset Cruise next time. We did this in May and loved it. The captain was fun and knowledgable, and the rum swizzles just kept on coming. I had to call NCL to book it though because it sold out in March.

OK! Remind me in roll call...when you book it again. I don't even remember seeing it..

Archived