Two Quick Questions!

Renorita

Hi Everyone: We will be on our first HAL Cruise (Infinity) in an outside cabin.

Question #1 Do they have a VCR machine in those cabins, or do you have to be in a suite? Would like to bring my exercise tape.

Question #2 Have heard a lot about the Grand Marnier Souffle. Do they only offer it on Formal nights as a special in the US restaurant, or do they offer it in the Main Dining room also? Thank you! :)

Hi Everyone: We will be on our first HAL Cruise (Infinity) in an outside cabin.

Question #1 Do they have a VCR machine in those cabins, or do you have to be in a suite? Would like to bring my exercise tape.

Question #2 Have heard a lot about the Grand Marnier Souffle. Do they only offer it on Formal nights as a special in the US restaurant, or do they offer it in the Main Dining room also? Thank you! :)

Girlfriend....your first HAL CRUISE? Think you had a Fruedian slip there?:eek: ;)

Girlfriend....your first HAL CRUISE? Think you had a Fruedian slip there?:eek: ;)

Opps! Opps! Opps! :o

Thank Lois for noticing! The funny thing is, I am also doing my first HAL Cruise on the "O" in November, so with two "Virgin" Cruises coming up, my excitement gets to me sometimes! Sorry about that! :D

No problem:)

Your question about the souffle...the evenings in the Specialty Restaurants are all the same. My suggestion is to dress up;) not formally, but not casual either.

I wore a pair of nice black slacks with a pretty blue knit top and silver jewelery the night we ate in Oceanliners on Constellation.

I believe the dress code in all the Specialty Restaurants is the same and you get that dessert whatever night you eat there:D

It is not offered in the main dining room though.

Lois

Now I am really confused! :confused: I wasn't asking what to wear on Formal Night in the United States restaurant. I wouldn't touch the question of Formal Wear with a ten-foot pole! :eek:

No, on another post, regarding the U.S. restaurant, someone showed a picture of the Grand Marnier Souffle and said it was delicious, but only got it because they happened to be there on formal night and it was offered as a special dessert. So I was wandering if it was also offered in the Main dinning room. :)

Rita

I believe the Grand Mariner Souffle was offered as a special dessert on the Horizon for the 12 night repositioning cruise I did last year. Perhaps it was offered there as a special treat in the main dining room since there is no speciality restaurant onboard.

....I thought the "thing to have" was the goat cheese souffle??? What's with the Grand Marnier souffle?? ~B~

Good question. I guess I just assumed that the goat cheese souffle was an appetizer and not a dessert. But I don't really know since I have not experience either. If it is, I guess I will just have to have both! :D

Last year at the SS United States on the Infinity, the only dessert souflle was the chocolate. Last month at the Olympic on the Millennium the only dessert souffle on the regular menu was the chocolate. The grand marnier souffle was listed on the wine with dinner menu, which is an additoinal $27 pp it includes appetizer, soup and salad and wine pairings. The portions are smaller than the regular mention and so are the wine glasses. I asked if I could have the grand marnier, and they granted my wish. My DH had the chocolate, which is wonderful but very rich. I loved the grand marnier. I don't think it matters which night you go, as the menu is set. Saying that, they did have a special entree, but I think it's more or a monthly or seasonal special rather than daily.

Mari

It is amazing how well the staff at the ss United states listens. As I was making reservations I mentioned to the Mat. how much I enjoyed a GM soufle(sp) As it turned out the next night we had dinner there I was presented with my GM Souffle(sp). It was not on the menu but made special

garardo

It is amazing how well the staff at the ss United states listens. As I was making reservations I mentioned to the Mat. how much I enjoyed a GM soufle(sp) As it turned out the next night we had dinner there I was presented with my GM Souffle(sp). It was not on the menu but made special

garardo

Great idea! It sure doesn't hurt to ask, and that is exactly what I am going to do! :) Although I think the main problem is how do you make sure you have room for the dessert with all of the food they give you? I guess, in my case, have the Veal, Cheese Souffle, veggies and the Dessert. No bread, soup, salad or potatoes. I know, easy to say.

I did not ask for the GM Souflle(sp). He just remembered what I had said when we were chatting. I find there is only 1 sure fire way to always have room for the dessert. Have is first.

garardo

Well either way, I will get it into the conversation when I make reservations. :)

Lois Food groups, whats that! :D When I go to a buffet, I have a big salad and dessert. Usually always skip the main course dishes which are often disappointing anyway. Diets BLAH! Even the experts disagree on what a person should eat. Low fat, high fat, low carb, high carb, low calorie, blah blah blah. And most all of them say no alcohol except Atkins. What fun is that. So I just try to eat less and cut down on certain carbs.

3 easy rules: Eat 3 meals a day, Eat protein with every meal. No white at night ie. Bread, potatoes, rice, sphegetti etc. Of course my sweet tooth does get in the way at times. :p

Renorita

You are very lucky to have a sweet tooth. For my mouth, every tooth is sweet. I have been known to have dessert before appitizers.

FYI, it is no big deal to make a Soufle into another flavor. All you have to do is make the flavored cream that is poured into the baked soufle

garardo

Archived