suit or tux?

SusanNJ

I'm doomed, as I stand in my bedroom looking out over the Teesbay/North Sea watching the ships sailing passed I realise now that the tux I bought 2 months ago will be shrinking whilst hanging in the wardrobe. What chance have I got when it travels to Alaska to take in more sea air !!!!!

Well, there is no salt air here, but it is awfully humid in Houston. Can that explain some of the shrinkage that my husband's tux has experienced while hanging in our closet awaiting our cruise? Maybe they should put those old fashioned hollywood waistbands in them!

Smoggyboy, hopefully the crisp Alaska air will loosen up the tux for you.;)

In most of the US, a white dinner jacket is appropriate only from Easter to Labor Day, but I realize December in the Caribbean will be quite warm. Will men on Silver Spirit wear both tuxedos and dinner jackets, or does the US etiquette extend to the tropics?

In most of the US, a white dinner jacket is appropriate only from Easter to Labor Day, but I realize December in the Caribbean will be quite warm. Will men on Silver Spirit wear both tuxedos and dinner jackets, or does the US etiquette extend to the tropics?

Been going ti the Caribbean for the last 12 years and will again on the Whisper in October and rarely see white dinner jackets,mostly black tuxes!

Actually that sea salt air doesnt affect absolutely everyone. I would concur that 99.9% of us seem to experience the effect of it, however my partner is immune to it :mad: and it seems like a huge injustice. ;)

I don't know if any of the other ladies have experienced it quite as badly as I did, but by the end of the cruise even one of my pairs of heels had succumbed to the affliction!:eek:

I was on Silver Spirit in May. This was a Mediterranean cruise, not Caribbean, but I didn't see any gentlemen wearing a white jacket. I would say that there was a 50/50 split on Formal night between tuxes and dark suits.

Archived