Miami hotel for family

cpinstein

Hi. I just changed my flight to come in the night before the cruise in March, due to schedule changes, and I'm so afraid of missing the ship.

Anyone have a hotel recommendation for a family of 6? Three adults and 3 children, so probably 2 rooms. Either near Miami airport or near the port. Something nice, but since grandma is paying for both rooms, nothing exhorbitant.

Thanks much.

Doubletree biscayne bay had very big rooms with big bathrooms and a seperate double sink area, as well as balconies overlooking the bay. We got a room with cruise transfers and parking for somewhere around $100 a night. There're restaurants, beauty parlor, and a sundries shop on the floors below.

Do you remember how you got that rate? I just looked on line, and the cheapest rate, no transfets, no breakfast is $260.00. Maybe I'm just too early

The hotel has a website and they had a dropdown menu of packages...some were airport transfer packages and such. I had called the hotel to get the web address.

From this site:

https://secure.hilton.com/en/dt/res/choose_dates.jhtml;jsessionid=YMUV0RK3UFAOACSGBIY222Q?ctyhocn=MIABSDT&xch=945132978%2C648D5209654EE96EE9AA45644FFCF00D.etc41

I input dates and a "cruise package" came up in the list of options. It offered breakfast and transfers for $149, I know we got a parking package without breakfast.

Another alternative could be the Embassy Suites by the airport. We always stay there. Each room has a living room (with sofa bed) and a bedroom. They serve drinks in the evening and a full breakfast in the morning. They will also transport you to the port (I got it with our package so I don't know what it costs to do it separately).

Have a great cruise!!:D

Hi. I just changed my flight to come in the night before the cruise in March, due to schedule changes, and I'm so afraid of missing the ship.

Anyone have a hotel recommendation for a family of 6? Three adults and 3 children, so probably 2 rooms. Either near Miami airport or near the port. Something nice, but since grandma is paying for both rooms, nothing exhorbitant.

Thanks much.

We're also considering a cruise in late March and when cruising out of Miami, we always stay at Intercontinental Hotel downtown Miami. It's the closest hotel to the port (you can actually see the ships in port in the a.m.). And it's across the street from Bayside Market, a great tourist area (like an outdoor mall on the water) with lots of restaurants, shops, etc. Check lastminutetravel.com and put in "downtown Miami" and look for 5 star hotels. It can often be had for a bit over $100/night (the hotel generally sells for $300-$700/night, depending on time of year).

So at least for the time being, I booked a 2 bedroom at the Residence Inn Miami Airport. Certainly, I can change it as prices go tdown, but seems much cheaper than 2 rooms.

Thanks for all your advice.

Hi,

I, too, needed a two bedroom pre-cruise hotel. I have found that Marriott's Towneplace Suites are a pretty decent deal. We are actually going to rent a car and stay in the Ft. Lauderdale area for 2 days, pre-cruise. The rate that I have found at Towneplace is $129 per night, for a 2 bedroom. This seems like a GREAT deal! The hotel is very close to Sawgrass Mills and lots of restaurants/shopping/etc. :)

We have found that the Springhill Suites - Art/health district is quite good. They have a shuttle to the port in the morning and the typical Springhill sort of free breakfast. We stay there when we can get it for around $100.

If you plan to take the shuttle you need to let them know when checking in so that they can make sure that there is room.

We have also left our car there instead of the port parking lot since it was a few bucks less and secure.

We've had very good luck using Priceline for hotels in both Miami (downtown) and Ft. Lauderdale (Dania Beach and Hollywood) at various times of the year and have only paid more than $100 a night (actually $115) one time. The rest of the time we have paid approximately $65 plus tax and have been very pleased with the results.

Since you plan to have three per room, I recommend using Hotwire. With Hotwire you can save a lot of money, but be guaranteed accommodations for three people per room (with Priceline you save even more money, but are only guaranteed a room for two people). Hotwire also is a bit easier to use than Priceline. You should be able to land a great deal at an airport area hotel.

has any one stayed at the Sheraton miami airport if so what like

Cruise Critic's sister site, Trip Advisor has over 100 reviews of this hotel; it seems like overall it receives mediocre reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d85204-Reviews-Sheraton_Miami_Airport_Hotel-Miami_Florida.html

Archived