noise level under pool deck

Roseypoet

I am planning a baltic cruise on nautica. The only rooms available in the category we are looking for are under the pool. Anyone have experience with these rooms? Do you hear chair movement noise? I am very noise sensitive. I'm really looking forward to going on Oceania. It will be my first time on this line.

Some people report noise in the morning & evening when the lounges are being moved

You can use the search feature (top right) PH noise

If you click on your name then find all posts you will see the posts/threads you have posted in before or just hit USER CP top left

Check the other thread you started

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439074

Lyn

When the R5 was brand new (and several years before she became Nautica) we were in a PH underneath this area. We did hear chairs being moved but it was only for a short time and didn't bother us. I can't compare our noise sensitivity to yours, of course, but this didn't happen constantly. It would be for a few minutes at at time -- since this was 11 years ago, I can't remember specifically what time of day it was! But it definitely did not disturb our sleep, or our concentration when reading.

When the R5 was brand new (and several years before she became Nautica) we were in a PH underneath this area. We did hear chairs being moved but it was only for a short time and didn't bother us. I can't compare our noise sensitivity to yours, of course, but this didn't happen constantly. It would be for a few minutes at at time -- since this was 11 years ago, I can't remember specifically what time of day it was! But it definitely did not disturb our sleep, or our concentration when reading.

Don't forget that when the Nautica was the R5, the pool deck had a different surface rone4.jpeg

Perhaps the "new" teak surface is a better sound insulator ? oceanianauticapooldeck.jpg

On a cruise a few yrs. ago we were in one of only a couple of concierge cabins directly midship on Deck 8 ( I have motion issues and all the midship cabins on Deck 7 were taken ) and did have some noise related problems from the deck chairs above being moved around in the very early morning hrs. (5:00 am). This was a big bother to me on a number of mornings as the banging was loud and obviously someone seemed to be tossing them around up there. One morning my spouse ( not a light sleeper ) who was also awoken by the noise, put on a robe and went up there to ask them if they could use some care when moving the loungers about. Took a few more times of notifying them in that manner before it got a bit better, but for us it was still a nuisance throughout the cruise.

I have been on 2 more Oceania cruises since then but always opt for midship on Deck 7, even when given the opportunity to upgrade to a PH on Deck 8. Our experience may not have been typical, but for me it's not worth taking the chance to be under the pool deck again.

Archived