Liberty Question..Is this true?

LuvTheSea14

I really do not see the big uproar over trays. So what? You just have to carry your plate in one hand and your drink in the other. If you want seconds or a desert, etc all you have to do is get up and go get it....and that is if you are still hungry. It makes sense to save on the cost of wasted food.

I think Cristallo said it best: "My concern as single woman passenger is that I don't eat or drink anything that I haven't had in my control so leaving my food or drinks alone is out of the question. "

We as a family go through the line together and find a table together. Why should we have to go up one at a time just to guard our food when we can all eat at the same time.

As far as wasted food, I've never seen anyone pile food on the trays. They put it on a plate.

You just don't want to be near me if I have to balance plates.

I flipped a plate over at July 4th Barbecue! Haha. Lucky for my friend it missed him. That pulled pork sandwich would have made quite a mess on his brand new shirt. The dog had a party, though.

If there aren't any trays out, I'll just ask for one. Saavy?

That's usually all it takes.:D

I think Cristallo said it best: "My concern as single woman passenger is that I don't eat or drink anything that I haven't had in my control so leaving my food or drinks alone is out of the question. "

We as a family go through the line together and find a table together. Why should we have to go up one at a time just to guard our food when we can all eat at the same time.

As far as wasted food, I've never seen anyone pile food on the trays. They put it on a plate.

if you all go up together why not all of you make your choices then. Each take a plate and make your choices. Even kids are capable of carrying their own plate.

Now about leaving your food/drink alone. While I agree with that in a bar setting, on a cruise it is just simply paranoia. Besides there is nothing wrong with one person sitting and watching the food/drinks while the others go back up.

about leaving your food/drink alone. While I agree with that in a bar setting, on a cruise it is just simply paranoia.
Really? Tell that to the family whose twenty year old daughter disappeared from a cruise ship docked in Curacao 13 years ago. Just saw this on a true crime show this week; she has never been found but is believed to have been taken from the ship by an employee and sold into the sex trade.

For those of us with kids who aren't old enough to get their own food, maybe bringing our own "tray" is an idea. lol

I was just thinking, i'm going to bring my own tray. we have them in the rooms here at my work.. lol small but would save multiple trips and like the one poster stated, congestion.

with tables not all available close by, to being able to get everything, main course, salad, silverware, drink and just go to your table is nicer.

oh well, if it keeps the prices down ie: gas supliment go for it and take the trays away. besides, need that extra walking around to keep some of the weight down lmfao!!

Really? Tell that to the family whose twenty year old daughter disappeared from a cruise ship docked in Curacao 13 years ago. Just saw this on a true crime show this week; she has never been found but is believed to have been taken from the ship by an employee and sold into the sex trade.

While I do not know the details of the case I will say at this point what you say is true. However, one case in 13 years. Not something that happens frequently.

Besides you said they "believe" so they do not know for sure.

While I do not know the details of the case I will say at this point what you say is true. However, one case in 13 years. Not something that happens frequently.

Besides you said they "believe" so they do not know for sure.

Whoa! Be careful here. That particular case had eerie similarities to the Natalie Holloway case. The cruiselines have done a very good job of covering these things up and/or keeping them quiet. As you can imagine, it's very bad for business.

Let's just say there are sickos everywhere. Just because you're on a cruise is no reason to let your guard down. Don't leave any valuables unattended. Likewise, I would not leave my food unattended either.

This disturbs me a bit. My husband uses a walker and when going through the buffet puts his tay on the seat. It would be difficult for him to transport his food without spilling food or drink on his walker or on the floor. (causing slip hazards for others as he would not be able to bend over and clean up whatever he spilled.)

This is not a good idea and would cause issues for customers with disabilities, or as someone mentiond, those with small children.

I would think the liabilities for accidents caused by spilled food would out weigh the cost of wasted food.

On my Carnival cruises, I noticed that many of the buffet 'waitstaff' during the day are the MDR folks working another morning or noontime shift. These folks are professionals, and one would think that they would be trained to help out the disabled cruisers and children at the buffet. Don't be afraid to ask one of them for help! Are they going to say "No"?

Also, slip them a couple of dollars when they help you out, and they'll remember you and help you out again later in the cruise.

I think the point being made was she travels ALONE. No one to guard the food if she leaves for a short time to retrieve something. Who knows who was watching her, slipped something into the food or drink with devious intent. Not likely on a ship compared to a bar, but still possible.

I can see Carnival selling trays in the gift shop and making a fortune. :cool:

They could have trays with the Carnival logo, the ship, or personalized with names on them like all the key chains and other items that the souvenir shops have.

I wonder how much $ this change will actually save. Between the labor costs of cleaning up spilled food, to the person who gets up to get a drink & comes back to the dishes being cleared by mistake, to broken dishes. It might save $ if the congestion areas are so bad people eat less & clear out quickly.

I love the idea of numbering your room service tray & telling those who ask it was a platinum perk! Can you imagine the faces of the crew when others join the special line & start demanding their platinum tray too? :D

Darn! I know this has been instituted on HAL, but really enjoyed being able to carry my plate, coffee & a side all at the same time on Carnival. Now I will have to forage.

When I was on the Liberty last year, the only buffet without a tray was the fish & chips place upstairs. Even there a tray would have been nice.

Does anyone here know if all the Carnival ships are going to be doing away with trays?

I posted a thread on this subject on NCL. I noticed no trays on the NCL ships that I have sailed. The last was on the Dream a year ago.

Here is that thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1417526

Dream Breakfast Line (trays):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e1G0lf9iDI

Whoa! Be careful here. That particular case had eerie similarities to the Natalie Holloway case. The cruiselines have done a very good job of covering these things up and/or keeping them quiet. As you can imagine, it's very bad for business.

Let's just say there are sickos everywhere. Just because you're on a cruise is no reason to let your guard down. Don't leave any valuables unattended. Likewise, I would not leave my food unattended either.

There is no need to leave your food unattended. Plate in one hand drink in another if you are travelling alone. Other wise, others can watch your food for you. There is always a solution to the problem. If there truly was a problem.

All these incidents that apparently happen, that you claim the cruise lines are covering up is simply tin foil hat paranoia. If there is thus huge cover up and you know this to be a fact, take it to the media. they love these stories as long as you have the proof to back it up.

Archived