Hotel near Port Canaveral with parking?

gamecockvic

I have cruised several times from Port Canaveral, the last time 3 years ago. I have actually stayed at the Radisson, Residence Inn and Comfort Inn. I notice that some reviews of these properties indicate that they are run down. I need a clean room with cruise parking for my December cruise. Has anyone stayed near the port lately and can comment on any of these hotels or others in the area?

Thanks for your help!

We just recently (June 18th) stayed at the Radisson. The rooms were ok, we were a party with 3 rooms no of which were the same even though they were in the same building (two side by side, and one around the corner). One was noticebly bigger with table and chairs and a closeted ares, the other two were smaller (the same size)...one had table and chairs, and one had One chair.

I personally didn't like the sleep number beds, as I was on an air cloud the minute my husband laid down all the air came to my side.

The pool was beautiful although we never went in it. Rooms were clean, staff seemed friendly enough.

We did the cruise and park with the shuttle. I think now they charge for the shuttle, but I do not know how much as we booked before May 1st so we did not have to pay. Our car was fine in the parking lot, just like I left it a week earlier.

the Shuttle to port service was chaotic, but well organized taking names as you got downstairs and people being called to the shuttle by name. At the port after the cruise we encountered a nightmare, hopefully it wont happen again and they fixed it.

We did have a few issues with the hotel, but those I am sure are isolated events.

All in all, clean rooms, nice pool, ok breakfast, decent shuttle, and car was safe. Would I stay there again, probably not because of the issues we encountered, but not a bad place to stay really.

The Radisson would be my choice, unless the negative reviews are true. I agree that you always need to "average" them because they are very subjective. I stayed at the other two within a few weeks of their opening and knew they would have clean rooms. I may be worrying too much about it.

I have cruised several times from Port Canaveral, the last time 3 years ago. I have actually stayed at the Radisson, Residence Inn and Comfort Inn. I notice that some reviews of these properties indicate that they are run down. I need a clean room with cruise parking for my December cruise. Has anyone stayed near the port lately and can comment on any of these hotels or others in the area?

Thanks for your help!

The Residence Inn is far from being run down unless there has been a drastic change there since last September. It is a very clean property that does allow you to park for your cruise with a one night stay and I plan on staying there again this October. It is right next to the Country Inn & Suites which is also rather new, these are the two closest hotels to the cruise terminals.

The Residence Inn is far from being run down unless there has been a drastic change there since last September. It is a very clean property that does allow you to park for your cruise with a one night stay and I plan on staying there again this October. It is right next to the Country Inn & Suites which is also rather new, these are the two closest hotels to the cruise terminals.

All 3 were very nice when we stayed there. I realize some people may give a bad review if THEY are having a bad day. I appreciate yours and others recent info about all 3 places.

I appreciate all of the info from everyone. I decided to book an ocean view balcony at the Hampton Inn. It includes parking and shuttle for 2 to the port for $129 plus tax. We like Hampton Inn better than any of the other chains. It also will give us a chance to go to the beach prior to the cruise, which we have never done.

I appreciate all of the info from everyone. I decided to book an ocean view balcony at the Hampton Inn. It includes parking and shuttle for 2 to the port for $129 plus tax. We like Hampton Inn better than any of the other chains. It also will give us a chance to go to the beach prior to the cruise, which we have never done.

It's our pleasure to give you the advice. There have been quite a few folks mentioning the Hampton Inn for this package as well as a package that actually includes transfers from the Orlando airport. I had some friends that stayed right next door at the Courtyard last year and said that both hotels were nice.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a question. I booked the Residence Inn Park and Cruise package. I found that I could get a government rate (without having to be TDY) on their website that is $80 less than what I'm paying (I'm paying $179 which is god awful and I even booked it last January). However - I emailed the manager of the hotel and she said that parking would be $7 a day plus the price of the shuttle (that I understand)... I'm confused. On their website it says that "Parking - Complimentary on-site parking Shuttle to Port Canaveral available for $6 per person round trip."

This is directly off their website. I don't know what to do now....I'm a bit confused.

I have a question. I booked the Residence Inn Park and Cruise package. I found that I could get a government rate (without having to be TDY) on their website that is $80 less than what I'm paying (I'm paying $179 which is god awful and I even booked it last January). However - I emailed the manager of the hotel and she said that parking would be $7 a day plus the price of the shuttle (that I understand)... I'm confused. On their website it says that "Parking - Complimentary on-site parking Shuttle to Port Canaveral available for $6 per person round trip."

This is directly off their website. I don't know what to do now....I'm a bit confused.

Hello. I stayed there last year and booked the government rate. I did not have to pay any per day parking rate and yes the shuttle was $6 per person. I would go with what the website says and bring that to the attention of the manager. As I understand it if you stay at least one night parking is free through your cruise. I will be staying there again in October for my next cruise although I will not have my vehicle with me this year so I will not need the parking.

One last thought, if you are a member of Marriott Rewards that may help get any parking fee waived if there actually is one especially if you are an elite member in their program. Good luck!

Eng23 - the GM emailed me and said that starting in September they are charging $7 a night for parking. That doesn't really make sense if you book before that date...but she said that we would be charged so....

I see. Well sometimes these hotel chains do make changes to their rules but I agree that if you were to book now you should not have to pay for parking as that is the current policy in place. I think that Marriott needs to tweak this policy to affect any reservations that are booked from September forward. Any reservations made prior should fall under the current (old) policy. If it were me I would try one more step by calling Marriott Corporate and discuss this, basically go over the hotels GM's head so to speak. Good luck!

You have to book the cruise rate to get the free parking. If you look at the description of the government rate, it says nothing about the free parking.

"Cruise Packages, including free round-trip shuttle service to Port Canaveral and free parking while on any three- to seven-night cruise."

"We are one of the closest Port Canaveral hotels to the cruise ship terminals and proudly offer Park and Cruise Packages that include free shuttle service to your cruise ship and free parking during your cruise."

You have to book the cruise rate to get the free parking. If you look at the description of the government rate, it says nothing about the free parking.

"Cruise Packages, including free round-trip shuttle service to Port Canaveral and free parking while on any three- to seven-night cruise."

"We are one of the closest Port Canaveral hotels to the cruise ship terminals and proudly offer Park and Cruise Packages that include free shuttle service to your cruise ship and free parking during your cruise."

I completely understand that. But, I know of others that had booked the military discount and got the free parking. And the GM confirmed this by saying that they are instituting the $7 a day parking in September and that it used to be free as long as you stayed one night.

We are cruising 11/13 and are driving in from Central Fla. I made a reservation at this hotel because they say they are across the street from the port. I am concerned because we are new to this and have never been to this port. It looks like there are 5 cruises leaving there on the 13th and I know traffic in the area can be very busy. I thought it would be nice to get there the night before and park at this hotel ( $10.per day) and catch a shuttle ( $7 per person). Wegot a Goverment rate of $124.00. I would appreciate any advice.

I completely understand that. But, I know of others that had booked the military discount and got the free parking. And the GM confirmed this by saying that they are instituting the $7 a day parking in September and that it used to be free as long as you stayed one night.

Are these old bookings or new bookings? It could be that you are falling under a new policy and they are falling under the old policy.

We are cruising 11/13 and are driving in from Central Fla. I made a reservation at this hotel because they say they are across the street from the port. I am concerned because we are new to this and have never been to this port. It looks like there are 5 cruises leaving there on the 13th and I know traffic in the area can be very busy. I thought it would be nice to get there the night before and park at this hotel ( $10.per day) and catch a shuttle ( $7 per person). Wegot a Goverment rate of $124.00. I would appreciate any advice.

There is no Renaissance hotel across the street from the terminal in Port Canaveral. As a matter of fact there are no hotels across the street at all from Port Canaveral. You might be confusing Port Everglades which is in Ft. Lauderdale with Port Canaveral which is east of Orlando.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived