Late/Last minute booking

Was wondering if anyone can share experiences for late booking September cruises on RCI. How close to sailing do the prices drop? We're figuring that since it's hurricane season and schools are in session and they've got those 2 huge ships sailing out of FLL to fill, they might drop the price a little as it gets close. We've got some things going on right now and don't know that we can commit just yet.

Thanks for any input!

I know for the mega-ships (Allure and Oasis) the closer you get to the sailing date, the more expensive.

Not true. Like all other ships, it depends on how well they are filling the ship.

September and October are slow months for the cruising industry, for the reasons stated by the OP.

The answer is that there is no way to predict what will happen. Price drops do occur, Tuesday specials do occur.

If airfare is not an issue, you can use the Tuesday specials to your advantage.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Since we are in Orlando we can make it to any of the Florida Ports. We keep checking rates when we are ready to cruise. On Freedom we booked 13 days out. On Holland last year we booked about a month out. I think once we booked 6 days out from sailing.

Just keep checking. If it becomes an active hurricane season price may also drop. It has been about 7 years so we are due in FL.

No way to really say when the deals will appear. Presently we have 4 weeks as our target weeks between September and the end of the year for the 2 cruises we plan to take.

Was wondering if anyone can share experiences for late booking September cruises on RCI. How close to sailing do the prices drop? We're figuring that since it's hurricane season and schools are in session and they've got those 2 huge ships sailing out of FLL to fill, they might drop the price a little as it gets close. We've got some things going on right now and don't know that we can commit just yet.

Thanks for any input!

I have been watching prices for years, inside 90 days start the huge drop unless something really special is going, time to book I THINK is inside 90 days, with the economy I keep getting the mega ships at HUGE discounts, so hang on.

If time is on your hands, the ship want to sail full and will do what it takes.

cruisinbob

Yes....saw the link but it comes up as PDF and I didn't know how to go to the internet site. I guess I'll pokey around on the Royal Caribbean web site and see if I can find it.

Thanks!

It brings up the .pdf of the current sale. Whenever you click on it, it will appear as whatever Royal Caribbean has posted that week.

I was puzzled too. Maybe they dont have software to open the file?

That'd be my guess too.

If you don't have the software you need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader (which is free) and then you can follow the link and it will open.

Archived