How much will 2 weeks matter?

cw2go

Sailing Southbound with 4 days pre-cruise for touring Denali..

Priorities for weather are Glacier Bay and Denali...

Sailing date options are June 16th or 30th with a minimal savings of $250 for the latter.

Question is will either make a difference?

Thanks in advance for your opinions, I understand none of us have a crystal ball but thought seasoned Alaska CC's contributors may have helpful input.

Patty :p

These times will make no difference and have equal chances.

If you truely want the best of Denali Park, a cruisetour isn't it and a 4 day add on, which will include the McKinley Princess not enough time. Worse case, will be if you choose one with the Natural History tour.

The whole issue about Denali, is getting into the park, which in my opinion means at least to Eielson. http://www.nps.gov/dena

These times will make no difference and have equal chances.

If you truely want the best of Denali Park, a cruisetour isn't it and a 4 day add on, which will include the McKinley Princess not enough time. Worse case, will be if you choose one with the Natural History tour.

The whole issue about Denali, is getting into the park, which in my opinion means at least to Eielson. www.nps.gov/dena

Thanks Budget Queen, we are not doing a cruise tour with Princess, we are touring on our own to Denali pre-cruise. We are driving to Denali staying 2 nights then to Talkeetna 1 night before cruising out of Whittier. Yes I am aware of the distance into the park and we will be going as far as possible on the bus. NHT is not for us...:D

I was mostly concerned about not getting into Glacier Bay or far enough into Denali. Plus want better chances for wildlife while in the park. Temps/rain will be what it will be...

Patty

Thanks Budget Queen, we are not doing a cruise tour with Princess, we are touring on our own to Denali pre-cruise. We are driving to Denali staying 2 nights then to Talkeetna 1 night before cruising out of Whittier. Yes I am aware of the distance into the park and we will be going as far as possible on the bus. NHT is not for us...:D

I was mostly concerned about not getting into Glacier Bay or far enough into Denali. Plus want better chances for wildlife while in the park. Temps/rain will be what it will be...

Patty

As I said, you have equal chances either week. "As far as possible" on the bus can be done from June 8 in Denali . You still have a very short time for interior touring, be certain Talkeetna is where you want to be??

There is no "not getting into Glacier Bay".

Archived