Pearl Docking questions

Deb in Cali

Where does the NCL Pearl dock in Juneau and Skagway. In Juneau is it the dock right by the Mount Roberts Tramway? And in Skagway is it at the Railroad dock or is it the one that is closer to the heliport pad?

I did look them up in the ship schedule, but am unable to identify the dock from the info that they provide. In Juneau it gives the code ADJ and in Skagway the code BRD.

Thanks for any info, I am working out the final details for my cruise with two friends that don't do a lot of walking.

Deb

In Juneau, the Pearl docks at the AJ Dock which is the furthest from the downtown area. It is not the one nearest the Mt Roberts tram. In fact, it's over a mile away but NCL arranges for free shuttle bus service to and from the parking lot right in front of the tram.

In Skagway, the Pearl docks near the heliport area. With no mobility issues and nice weather, it's a very pleasant walk to town.

In Skagway, the Pearl docks near the heliport area. With no mobility issues and nice weather, it's a very pleasant walk to town.

No this is not for the above reference for the Pearl. TEMSCO is next to the Ore Dock. They are at the Broadway dock. And the Ore dock is a long walk for anyone with mobility limitations.

Where does the NCL Pearl dock in Juneau and Skagway. In Juneau is it the dock right by the Mount Roberts Tramway? And in Skagway is it at the Railroad dock or is it the one that is closer to the heliport pad?

I did look them up in the ship schedule, but am unable to identify the dock from the info that they provide. In Juneau it gives the code ADJ and in Skagway the code BRD.

Thanks for any info, I am working out the final details for my cruise with two friends that don't do a lot of walking.

Deb

Juneau is the AJ Dock, which is a long walk or a shuttle bus ride to the Tram Parking lot. From the gangway, the pick up is on the left. The buses run continously. Skagway is the Broadway Dock- this is the closest dock and "connects" to "Broadway" the street in Skagway. It is in the middle, between the Railroad and Ore Docks. With mobility limitations, even this dock can be too much of a walk. Skagway does operate SMART buses, which shuttle into town and make various stops.

You don't list Ketchikan? There is a dock that is a long distance away if you have mobility limitations.

Juneau is the AJ Dock, which is a long walk or a shuttle bus ride to the Tram Parking lot. From the gangway, the pick up is on the left. The buses run continously. Skagway is the Broadway Dock- this is the closest dock and "connects" to "Broadway" the street in Skagway. It is in the middle, between the Railroad and Ore Docks. With mobility limitations, even this dock can be too much of a walk. Skagway does operate SMART buses, which shuttle into town and make various stops.

You don't list Ketchikan? There is a dock that is a long distance away if you have mobility limitations.

Thank you for the info. As usual you are the source for Alaska. I had not heard that there was a shuttle to the area right near the Mount Roberts tramway.

As to Ketchikan, I assumed (wrong) that since Ketchikan was small it wouldn't be an issue. Yikes thanks for knowing what I needed to know without asking.

Now for another question, is there a charge for the shuttles or the Smart bus?

I believe the Smart bus in Skagway were either $2 or $3 per person.

Luckily for us the weather was amazing so we decided to make a nice walk. We docked right near the train and it was about .75 miles each way I would estimate depending on where you were going.

Archived