Chef's Table Disappointing

txcruiser

Just FYI, it's called Wagu beef, just in case you decide you'd like to try it again (YUM!). And more importantly, what a lovely couple you are!

Thank you !! I haven’t opened the scroll with the names of the courses yet. It was so very good though [emoji5]☀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Chef's Table experience on the Triumph last October was a mixed bag. I thought the food was fine.........

On the comment card at the end of the evening, I suggested that perhaps a round table might be better. ;).

I'm doing my 2nd solo cruise in 2 months...we'll see what happens this time lol.

I agree....Nothing more perfect than a large round table for dining and inclusive conversation. Enjoy your upcoming solo adventure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s the experience!! Food very good, not great. Does not compare to a great restaurant on land. It’s all the wine you can drink, but once again not great wines. Mostly likely $18 a bottle at home.

You get to talk with other people at the table. It’s a ice breaker for all.

Doing chef tables I remember a bunch of great people, having fun with them as much as the food.

Sorry it wasn't that good..and wondering why you didn't get the cookbook...that was a real plus for us. I do agree by the time you leave all you can do is waddle back to you cabin...I should not have eaten my filet...but felt bad not...Chef was standing right at the head of the table and we were first couple at the long table:D Also finally had to say no to any more wine:eek:

We did have one lady who crashed and burned about two thirds of the way through..she just left and didn't come back!!

We did love it..but we were on the Pride..it was held in the disco..right next to the dining room...Not sure I would do it again...but had to try it once!!

I've done Chef's Table 3 times and have never received a cookbook. Chocolate Melting cake recipe but not a cookbook.

I'm waiting for a new menu. I really wish the menu what the Chef's choice, it is fleetwide. :rolleyes:

I wonder if all the special requests that are made for the Chef's Table menu affect the quality of the food able to be served to the table as a whole ... gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, fat-free, sugar-free ???

The time to construct those dishes has to take away from the time the chef has to prepare each course.:( All those variations would seem to make the chef more of a short order cook. (feels like having the waitress at Huddle House calling out the variations on the hash browns to the cook):eek:

I wonder if all the special requests that are made for the Chef's Table menu affect the quality of the food able to be served to the table as a whole ... gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, fat-free, sugar-free ???

The time to construct those dishes has to take away from the time the chef has to prepare each course.:( All those variations would seem to make the chef more of a short order cook. (feels like having the waitress at Huddle House calling out the variations on the hash browns to the cook):eek:

No it didn’t. We were a group of 8. My husband is allergic to shell fish and my friend is allergic to fresh strawberries, and one person doesn’t eat pork. There were 2 other couples with us, and I don’t know if they had restrictions. They ask you several times well in advance about the dietary restrictions and then everyone else get what’s planned and those few people get an alternate item.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have always wanted to try the Chefs Table but in the past the people I traveled with would not spend the money. So this time since I was cruising solo on the Sensation and I met two people at my MDR table that were going to do it I decided to splurge. The price was $75 plus gratuity for a total of $86.25. I have to say that I thought the food was very good but there were so many courses and it lasted almost 4 hours that I probably wouldn't do it again. As a previous poster said you are so full that all you wanted to do was go back to your cabin and go to sleep which is exactly what I did. It was a wonderful experience and if you can afford it by all means do it at least once.