Alcoholic Beverages

lmreddin

Just curious about whether a person can a buy a drink any cheaper in Bermuda than they can on the ship?

No, nowhere that I've been. I will say a Guiness draft was $6 and it's same price here but my favorite Bermuda drink (Raspberry Jolly Rancher) is $9 and worth ever sip of it! Very similar drink here is $7.

Not even close. Two weeks ago my wife and I went to the Frog & Onion in the Dockyard. We had fish n chips, I got a beer $10.00, my wife got a mixed drink 13.50. Almost double the price of the ship

I didn't realize Kings Wharf had another name.

Dockyard aka Kings Wharf is area where NCL, Celebrity, RCL and other ships there on day calls are docked.. out on the west end of the island

King's Wharf does not have another name. It is one of the wharves located at the Royal Naval Dockyard (Dockyard for short); the other wharf at the Dockyard is Heritage Wharf. Cruise ships that are unable to dock in Hamilton or St George will usually end of at either of the 2 wharves at the Dockyard. BTW, the Dockyard area is sometimes referred to as the West End.

I've attached a map of the Dockyard to clear up any confusion:

dockyard-map2.jpg

SBtS

Thank you. That is very interesting. Now I understand.

Glad we don't have to tender to the island.

Too bad not all the cruise lines understand. Some still list the destination on their itinerary as Kings Wharf (which until a couple of years ago when Heritage Wharf was built was the sole pier at the Dockyard) even if their ships berth at Heritage Wharf.

Archived