Anchorage/Whittier Princess transfer???

cw2go

I am sailing southbound out of Whittier and would like to arrange a transfer with Princess but we are flying in 4 days pre-cruise. We are planning to rent a car round trip Anchorage and then taking the transfer but am not sure of the logistics? The site asks for travel dates and flight info which will make no difference? We are touring Denali on our own pre-cruise.

So is it possible to arrange a time when we will meet?

Thanks in advance,

Patty

The transfers by bus are first come first serve. They load they fill, they leave, and endless rotation. In the past they left from both the airport and Egan Center downtown. Just have your booking agent book the transfer for you. An alternative that is excellent is to just book the Alaska RR yourself. In the past the bags were automatically transfered to the ship and even if not, it's only a few steps to the drop off. This also allows you to consider an excellent Prince William Sound boat tour, if of interest.

The transfers by bus are first come first serve. They load they fill, they leave, and endless rotation. In the past they left from both the airport and Egan Center downtown. Just have your booking agent book the transfer for you. An alternative that is excellent is to just book the Alaska RR yourself. In the past the bags were automatically transfered to the ship and even if not, it's only a few steps to the drop off. This also allows you to consider an excellent Prince William Sound boat tour, if of interest.

Which PWS tour would you recommend?

Which PWS tour would you recommend?

I have gone with three different companies, and give an edge to Esther Passage, but Prince William Sound tours does not hook up with the Alaska RR transfer. I have also greatly enjoyed Major Marine's Blackstone Bay trips which do.

You can't go wrong with BQ's advice!

I listened to her for our 4 day pre-cruise plan, and it was just wonderful. Rented a car to drive to Denali, then back to Anchorage the night before our cruise, and returned rental car to airport. Saturday morning we took the hotel shuttle to the Alaska RR station and train to Whittier, which we booked ourselves.

We put our luggage tags on the luggage at the train station, and next time we saw it was in our cabin. Train ride was very nice - beautiful scenery, and plenty of room to move around should you wish to do so.

Prince William Sound tours day cruise was one of the highlights of our trip. Excellent meal - lots and lots of calving glaciers too. The only "disappointment" was not much wildlife, but we sailed first week of June, and I understand that it's a hit or miss for wildlife anyway, especially that early in the season.

Upon return to the Whittier dock, PWS personnel drove us over to the ship (an easy walk but it was raining and my 80 year old parents couldn't walk that far). Couldn't have been easier, and much cheaper (and nicer) that the bus with Princess IMO.

Archived