First time planning a cruise

LizG12

Even though I'm not a 1st time cruiser, this IS my first time planning a cruise, heck, first time planning any vacation! (dh took care of all the trip planning, all I had to do is get the time off from work and pack.) I'm not sure if I have everything covered from now until embarkation day in 4 weeks :D I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what. Here's what I have to do so far, how does it look?

-make copies of passport & credit card and give to my emergency contacts just in case

- call the credit card co and let them know that I'm going on vacation so charges out of the country aren't flagged as suspicious

- print out luggage tags (my cabin got upgraded so the preprinted tags NCL sent have the wrong cabin number)

- print out NCL confirmation with new cabin number, just in case

- stop the mail a few days before I leave

- get motion sickness pills (plus other meds & first aid type stuff)

- update emergency info in my wallet

- pack :) (and I already got the time off from work :p)

- be sure to pack passport, drivers license, all the NCL confirmation & boarding info, and the train schedule to get home afterwards.

- get small cash bills for tips

I'll be fine once I get to the pier, I know what to expect for embarkation & the cruise itself (and disembarkation, although that seems to be different every time anyway). I just haven't had to do this pre-trip stuff before and I feel like I've leaving out a lot of stuff.

Thanks!

Even though I'm not a 1st time cruiser, this IS my first time planning a cruise, heck, first time planning any vacation! (dh took care of all the trip planning, all I had to do is get the time off from work and pack.) I'm not sure if I have everything covered from now until embarkation day in 4 weeks :D I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what. Here's what I have to do so far, how does it look?

-make copies of passport & credit card and give to my emergency contacts just in case

- call the credit card co and let them know that I'm going on vacation so charges out of the country aren't flagged as suspicious

- print out luggage tags (my cabin got upgraded so the preprinted tags NCL sent have the wrong cabin number)

- stop the mail a few days before I leave

- get motion sickness pills (plus other meds & first aid type stuff)

- update emergency info in my wallet

- pack :) (and I already got the time off from work :p)

- be sure to pack passport, drivers license, all the NCL confirmation & boarding info, and the train schedule to get home afterwards.

- get small cash bills for tips

I'll be fine once I get to the pier, I know what to expect for embarkation & the cruise itself (and disembarkation, although that seems to be different every time anyway). I just haven't had to do this pre-trip stuff before and I feel like I've leaving out a lot of stuff.

Thanks!

Sound like you're ready....enjoy!

if you have travel insurance make sure you print out your info for that...we made a couple copies and it had a number to call if you were to get into a pickle. be sure to have a carry on for the ship with your sunblock, any meds you may need, a change of clothes(in case your luggage doesnt show up). HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!

Make copies of credit cards (front and back) and passport to keep in a safe place in case originals are lost or stolen.

Bring a small bag of pet kibble if you're going to the Caribbean. Toss a little out around you while you're swimming and see how many beautiful fish almost instantly arrive :p

Pack a lanyard and ask the Purser Desk to punch a hold in your Sail card so you don't have to keep it in your pocket. If you can get a name tag holder with a ziplock top (Staples, Office Depot), you can carry Sail card, Drivers License, and a small amount of cash in it for when you get off the ship.

Print your name and cabin number and put it inside each luggage, in case the outside tag comes off. A couple of piece of colored ribbon on each bag helps to,especially after the cruise when a lot the bags are bunched together and you or a porter are searching for yours.

If looks like you are taking the train. But, if flying, check now for alternate flying options, in case your flight is canceled. Hey, it happens.

Assuming you are flying or driving in the night before, check where you want to eat dinner that night. You can usually find reviews online. Google maps is a good way to see what restaurants are near your hotel.

Pack some non-perishable food like cereal bars in your carry on luggage -- just in case. I've been delayed 3 hours once at the cruise terminal, and there was nothing to eat there.

This does not apply to you, but for those on the RCCL Oasis or Allure of the Seas, book your cruise shows in advance.

You can actually have your mailed stopped up to 2 weeks in advance, so I always do this as soon as I can. It's just one less thing you (and I) have to do in the "rush" of things right before we leave.

Have a great cruise!!

!

print the ones with your EDOCS they will be just fine, reinforce them with some clear packing tape--if you overnite in a hotel just attach them then

before you get to the port.

Archived