Car Rental: LA Port

vakamalua

The only one I know is at the Crowne Plaze Hotel; Enterprise.
That's the only one I'm aware of as well. I haven't checked in a while but I seem to remember they had limited hours on weekends so you should double check that when booking a car rental.

The only other option I can think of is going to Long Beach and renting a car there. Not a great option but it's possible.

The Princess cruise, Golden, doesn't leave from Long Beach, does it? If a car was returned to Crowne Plaza, do they provide a shuttle to the cruise port? This is all so confusing, please be patient with me while I figure it all out.

OK, so I"ve answered some of my own questions. I found the web site for the Crowne in San Pedro! Now, how do I find the Crowne Plaza as a place to drop off a car on the Enterprise site? Must I call them?

Without luggage, you can walk to the Crowne. Very close. They shuttle their guests to/from the ship. Last time we did this was in December 2009. We rented at LAX and dropped at Crowne and then stayed one night and got shuttled to ship the next day.

Princess leaves from the Port of LA in San Pedro. Carnival uses the Port of Long Beach almost exclusively (I think the Spirit will be using LA). One thing to consider is dropping off your passengers and luggage off at your berth and then go return your rental car (and get a shuttle, if the agency has one, or a taxi back to the port). But you do need to make sure if it's the weekend that you can return the car to Enterprise (at the hotel) as they have very limited hours then.

Enterprise does not normally do one-way rentals except between airports but their site says you can phone them to ask about a particular situation. So, yes, phone.

I've generally found that hotel rental car locations have very limited tours, possibly half-day Saturday, closed Sunday. Many off-airport locations of rental car companies have free pick-up within a certain range (e.g., 5 miles).

Enterprise does not normally do one-way rentals except between airports but their site says you can phone them to ask about a particular situation. So, yes, phone.

I've generally found that hotel rental car locations have very limited tours, possibly half-day Saturday, closed Sunday. Many off-airport locations of rental car companies have free pick-up within a certain range (e.g., 5 miles).

Enterprise does in fact do one way from LAX to San Pedro; with a $40 drop. Absolutely worth the extra $$$, since we had the car for three days and also got a lower price initially.

We're looking to rent a car for three days after docking in San Pedro (Princess). We will be flying out of Long Beach after that. Would it make sense to take a cab to the Long Beach airport from the port and rent a car there and then return it there three days later with no different drop off? How far and what would a taxi cost to Long Beach Airport from the port?

Thanks

We're looking to rent a car for three days after docking in San Pedro (Princess). We will be flying out of Long Beach after that. Would it make sense to take a cab to the Long Beach airport from the port and rent a car there and then return it there three days later with no different drop off? How far and what would a taxi cost to Long Beach Airport from the port?

Thanks

I would give Enterprise a call and ask them if you could pick it up in San Pedro and return it to their airport facility in Long Beach. Phone number for San Pedro location is: 310-548-8060

Archived