Bringing wine

Slyfox16

Tip for people who fly with wine, when the stores are liquidating their summer stock, pick up some kid's water wings. They inflate easily, store flat and are the perfect size for cushioning a 750ml bottle wine in your suitcase. I still wrap them up, but the extra air is great padding!

Thank you, "raven31," but we would like to ask if anyone else has ideas about how to protect wine bottles in checked baggage. We would like to wrap them with something very reliable (to prevent a disaster), but something as thin as possible (to avoid using up a lot of space in already crowded baggage).

Thanks, in advance.

This is may be slightly off topic, but if you bring wine onboard to have in your room, how do you keep the white wine/champagne chilled? Is there room in the frig or an ice bucket to use?

... anyone else has ideas about how to protect wine bottles in checked baggage...

For duty free to take home, I bring bubble wrap, rubber bands and EXTRA large ziploc bags. Works fine.

I flew with boxed wine to Mexico without problem. Used the bubble wrap, rubber bands and those extra large ziploc bags.

Thank you, "raven31," but we would like to ask if anyone else has ideas about how to protect wine bottles in checked baggage. We would like to wrap them with something very reliable (to prevent a disaster), but something as thin as possible (to avoid using up a lot of space in already crowded baggage).

Thanks, in advance.

Wine bottles are very strong and you should have no trouble packing a few in your luggage by putting each one in a two gallon size Zip-Loc bag (for safety sake) and placing them in the middle of the clothes in your luggage. :D

Also, no need for disguising liquor in Rumrunners or water bottles. Just pack that bottle of rum in your checked luggage when you board.

Guest arowe6

Never had a problem with wine.

We check a few bottles. Bring a couple in our luggage.

Never had a problem although we've only left out of FLL. It might be different at other locations.

Enjoy your cruise.

-Andrew :)

For duty free to take home, I bring bubble wrap, rubber bands and EXTRA large ziploc bags. Works fine.

I flew with boxed wine to Mexico without problem. Used the bubble wrap, rubber bands and those extra large ziploc bags.

I'm looking at a trip cruising from Venice --- my flights to, would not be direct. Would it be too chancy to consider packing a box, do you think? I would sure hate to begin my trip with a problem in my luggage!

Can we take a case of lager onboard in the same way as a case of wine? Have discovered that Total Wine sell Landshark and being Jimmy Buffett fans in UK it would be a great chance to have some to drink! Not sure whether to put it on with luggage or put into our hand luggage and take ourselves.

I'm looking at a trip cruising from Venice --- my flights to, would not be direct. Would it be too chancy to consider packing a box, do you think? I would sure hate to begin my trip with a problem in my luggage!

You are probably overnighting in Venice, easy to purchase wine in Venice. In additon, there is a duty free store at the port, after ship security where you can purchase liquor and a limited selection of wine. Check out the port sight for where to purchase wine in Venice

You are probably overnighting in Venice, easy to purchase wine in Venice. In additon, there is a duty free store at the port, after ship security where you can purchase liquor and a limited selection of wine. Check out the port sight for where to purchase wine in Venice

Thank you for the in-sight!

I can deal with the duty free store at the port, for wine purchase, as Princess has such good policies for bringing on board.

I don't think that I will be over-nighting in Venice, as I've spent enjoyable free times wandering in Venice before. I'm anticipating that Princess Air will take care of me for the travel prior toe cruise departure! (please share recommendations, if otherwise)

Is there a link to the port site that you can share? I haven't utilized this in the past.

Thanks, in advance.

Do a Google on "Wine Diapers". That is what we use.

Do a Google on "Wine Diapers". That is what we use.

Thank you SOOOOOO much, "LARGIN." Those things look tremendous (and are not ridiculously expensive: 3 for $15). Here is the address for anyone else interested: winediaper (dot) com/wine-diaper-products (dot) html . We can order online or by phone.

Thank you SOOOOOO much, "LARGIN." Those things look tremendous (and are not ridiculously expensive: 3 for $15). Here is the address for anyone else interested: winediaper (dot) com/wine-diaper-products (dot) html . We can order online or by phone.

Glad I can help. You can get through Amazon also..

Archived