cruise line costs

meow!

Fascinating discussion. Mr. Del Rio, thanks for your input as well.

What Mr. Del Rio didn't mention was that the cost of food is a minor part of the wonderful meals O serves. I'm certainly no expert, but I do know the actual raw food represents a surprisingly small percentage of the cost of any good meal set on a table in any high quality restaurant.

While the quality of the raw food on O is indeed high, the quality of the labor putting that food on the table (from the executive chefs to the bus people) is equally high. A restaurant doesn't put out top notch food with second string employees, and employing top quality people equates to more costs for the restaurant.

O has obviously done an excellent job of hiring, training, and even more important, retaining those top notch employees. I believe that fact speaks as loudly about the company and its management as the quality of the raw food. Certainly more than the $ per day/passenger spent on the raw food.

I can't wait to sail with O again in November/December and to introduce a friend to the pleasure of sailing with O. Oh, yes, I too love those chocolate croissants!

What Mr. Del Rio didn't mention was that the cost of food is a minor part of the wonderful meals O serves. I'm certainly no expert, but I do know the actual raw food represents a surprisingly small percentage of the cost of any good meal set on a table in any high quality restaurant.

While the quality of the raw food on O is indeed high, the quality of the labor putting that food on the table (from the executive chefs to the bus people) is equally high. A restaurant doesn't put out top notch food with second string employees, and employing top quality people equates to more costs for the restaurant.

O has obviously done an excellent job of hiring, training, and even more important, retaining those top notch employees. I believe that fact speaks as loudly about the company and its management as the quality of the raw food. Certainly more than the $ per day/passenger spent on the raw food.

I can't wait to sail with O again in November/December and to introduce a friend to the pleasure of sailing with O. Oh, yes, I too love those chocolate croissants!

Perhaps the best food "hint" that I was ever given on an Oceania ship came from an Oceania executive (he knows who he is), who suggested putting peanut butter on those warm chocolate croissants.

And he was right, it does make your eyes roll back in your head for a second.....:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

Perhaps the best food "hint" that I was ever given on an Oceania ship came from an Oceania executive (he knows who he is), who suggested putting peanut butter on those warm chocolate croissants.

And he was right, it does make your eyes roll back in your head for a second.....:eek::D:eek::D:eek]

OMG:D Only 4 months to go to get one:D

Like so many things - it is only as good as it's weakest link. If you elevate the bar on all inputs the output has to be superior.

Archived