What are your favorite and least favorite things about the Wind Surf?

ducklite

Thanks for the response Snow cat. Maybe you could tell me your favorite "hidden" things to do or see on board. Is there a hidden cozy spot on the ship that you found? What would your "don't miss while on board" things be?

I wouldn't change a thing on either one.

I love Windstar, I love Wind Surf. We've spent several months onboard; we planned our wedding around cruises. There's only one thing that I really dislike and it is made worse by the fact that they acknowledge it is a problem and that it's been an issue for some years and still it hasn't been resolved.

I make our bookings. I deal with our travel agent. I select our cabin. I pay the deposit on a credit card in my name. I pay the balance on a credit card in my name. I pay for any pre-trip arrangements such as drinks packages. I use a credit card in my name to sign up for any onboard expenditure for either of us. I sign up for future cruises on board and pay for them in a credit card in my name. I settle our bill with a credit card in my name.

The final bill? That appears in my husband's name alone. I, apparently, don't exist.

Apparently it is easier to create the bill in one name, the male name, than reference the person who has made the majority of the payments.

I was annoyed when it first happened to us, back in '07. Last year I declined to settle the account until it had been re-issued in my name or in joint names. The bill was, grudgingly, re-issued the following day.

It is such a minor thing to fix, use both names, and yet they don't.

Mands

Hmmm... If it's in my husbands name, does that mean he needs to pay for it rather than me doing so? Might not be so bad. :D

In all seriousness I do know where you are coming from. I went to buy a new car a few years back, and the finance guy kept directing questions to my husband, even though I was buying the car in my name with my income and my credit.

My husband was only there with me as we had dinner plans on that side of town that evening and I didn't want to make a separate trip.

I got up and walked out, and told the sales manager he lost the deal because of the finance guy.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll get a chuckle out of this. Recently we checked our credit scores which we do about once a year. My score was 10 points higher than my husband's and we do everything jointly. We both got a good laugh!

Archived