Few more silly questions from Aussie.....

aussie mim

Hi guys family of 5 travelling in sept on the dream and i have a few more questions.

1. Do they sell beaded lanyards in ships gift shop have been looking online ebay, amazon and with delivery to Oz well over $20 and i so want one for my cruise.

2. Do you have any theme nights , dress up nights besides elegant nights, in Oz our cruises have island night, country & western night or pirate night

3. How much does the duty free alcohol and cigarettes on board the ship and at the islands cost, just trying to figure out if to buy in Oz before we leave or risk getting it over there. (incase of breakages.)

4. On the duty free question we can bring back to OZ 2.25 litres i know you can bring back 1 bottle what size bottle is that and will the US officials allow us as we are going straight back to Oz after cruise to bring back 2.25 liters.

5. I only drink coke zero (hate diet coke) do they have coke zero on dream, need a 100% certainty on that question if they dont have it on board will bring it on but would prefer just to buy a soda sticker if they have it. thanks guys really appreciate your help...:)

Hopefully, someone will chime in with better answers than I will give you.

I have seen Lanyards in the gift shops, but they are cloth, and states CARNIVAL up and down the sides. I have one, and it really lasts. One thing I had to do was, go on EBay, and purchase some plastic pouches. I received 25 for about nine dollars. Twice, they tore off my lanyard, when I got it caught on something. I haven't seen beaded ones. Do you have any office supply stores there? They may have them. Also, if you go to a craft store, you could make your own. I am tempted to do that, as some of the beads are so pretty.

I am a smoker, so I can give you a good answer about the prices. They ARE cheaper than the US...Marlboro 100s are about $26.00 a carton. My brand, Pall Mall 100s, I only saw them on one ship, the Dream...they are $16.00 a carton.

Coke zero, I don't know about.

Melanie

.....Carnival Lanyards made of nylon/heavy cloth I believe. They are real sturdy. Cruise Critic sells cloth ones, they are light and sturdy but mine have a tendency to roll up. What we always do is go down to the Guest Services desk and ask them to punch a hole in our S&S card. That way we just attach it to the lanyard with a split ring or squeeze hook clip. I don't use a protector because I have to keep on taking it out of the pouch to use it.

Just to give you an idea of liquor prices, two 1 liter bottle of Smirnoff Red will cost about $18-20 TOTAL. Cigarettes I can't help you with.

Don't know if they have coke zero.

wasiii

Cruised with Carnival last year and will again in October.

Don't bother buying your grog before you leave Oz. US is way cheaper. We bought our duty free allowance of 2 litres each on the ship the night before we docked in LA. We did not have any probs getting through customs except our 20 year old son could not buy any due to the legal age being 21 in USA.

We like the longer beaded laynards. They come in red or blue on Carnival (gold beads on RCL) and every other bead is clear. Longer and a bit nicer looking, $8.95 I believe for these nicer ones.

Some say they got coke zero, though I only saw sprite zero, some said they also saw coke zero onboard.

cigarettes seem to be 2 or 5 cartons. 5 cartons runs about $109.

Yes on the beaded lanyard. There were 2 colors this past week on the Glory. Coke Zero is a yes! My ds had it and it was on the bar menu as a choice.no rootbeer though which he loves.

Can't help with liquor or ciggs. Non US citziens go thr ough different customs line.

In regards to the price of cigarettes I have noticed there is a small difference in price depending where you are sailing from.

I got off the Glory 2 days ago and 2 cartons were $59 or $60, (sailed out of NY)

The prices may be more reasonable on the islands for cigs, but they are not the same and tend to taste different.

SpudOz,

exactly what i wanted to know i was thinking of getting the 18 year olds and 20 year old at the airport before we go and waiting till we get there for mine and DH, so will we have a problem getting 2.25 liters through the US customs did you have any probs with breakages in your checked bag getting back to OZ.

thanks guys so you think i will definately be able to buy a beaded lanyard onboard the dream, and is it cheaper to buy alcohol on the ship or which island Nassau, St thomas, St maarten and same for cigarettes and do you know if they sell winfield over there in the US i might have to ask carnival about coke zero for 100 % sure.

Hello Mate, If you want to be sure you have Coke Zero, Just stop and buy some before you board. You are allowed to bring 12 cans per person. From what my mate in Tazzie tells me booze is much cheaper in the states and it is even cheaper on the ship. Also no Winfield cigarettes on the ship. Mainly American brands. No problem getting the booze thru customs, back to Oz is another question.

I know its a lot cheaper over there thats why i desperatly want to buy it over there when we visited LA and Vegas in 2009 we went into a supermarket and seen how cheap it was we nearly died, couldnt believe the prices even your booze through bon vogage at $40 for a liter bottle of vodka is a good price for us plus our dollar is a bit higher then yours now so on conversion we get a nice little discount as well.

SpudOz,

exactly what i wanted to know i was thinking of getting the 18 year olds and 20 year old at the airport before we go and waiting till we get there for mine and DH, so will we have a problem getting 2.25 liters through the US customs did you have any probs with breakages in your checked bag getting back to OZ.

If it is to bring back to Australia with you (and not to drink while your are OS then you can buy the grog for the 18 & 20 year olds at the airport back in AUS before you go through customs. Saves lugging it around.

For the adults though it is cheaper to buy in US

We are qlders, cruising on the Spendor is Sept. YEs Carnival has coke zero onboard but be warned our coke and the coke in the states have a different taste. As far a booze, last year my wife and I brought back 4 litres between us of rum form the Caribbean thru Fort Lauderdale customs. All they did was ask are we taking it back to AUST or leaving it in the states. As it was we stayed another week after the cruise and ended up drinking a bottle which we replaced lol.

Also definately buy it in the islands or the states. A one litre bottle of rum will set u back about $10 try buying that here even duty free

Archived