Airfare--CLE to FLL

LuckiStac13*Majesty*

My $.02 for what it's worth. This year will be only our 3rd cruise. Been retired 8 years now so I have plenty of time to research almost everything especially flights. Can't beat booking direct with the Airline.

Why? Do you hire a roofing contractor to do your plumbing? Or vice versa? I think not. Sure...they'll do it for you but, now you're talking several middlemen. Think about it. Just sayin................:cool:

My $.02 for what it's worth. This year will be only our 3rd cruise. Been retired 8 years now so I have plenty of time to research almost everything especially flights. Can't beat booking direct with the Airline.

Why? Do you hire a roofing contractor to do your plumbing? Or vice versa? I think not. Sure...they'll do it for you but, now you're talking several middlemen. Think about it. Just sayin................:cool:

1. Why do so many people end their posts with "just sayin" [sic]? What does that mean anyway?

2. Where on this thread does someone recommend booking with a third party? I don't see it.

Stacy

We feel your pain. We are also watching prices for the CLE to FLL flights around the same time. We have only flown Continental as well. Cle Hopkins airport is pretty good at clearing snow. This past February,we drove from Broadview Hts to Hopkins in a blizzard and were able to take off later in the day. Not sure we would have been able to drive down to Akron that day. We did plan on going in to FLL a day earlier than our cruise sailed, and we booked a 7:30am flight.

Looks like we will also be signing up for fare alerts.

Thanks for all the suggestions from all the posters.

Marie

1. Why do so many people end their posts with "just sayin" [sic]? What does that mean anyway?

2. Where on this thread does someone recommend booking with a third party? I don't see it.

That's just ME. Just sayin................

That term ....just sayin...........is my way of voicing my opinion and avoiding a possible confrontation, rebutle and/or a debate on any given situation. ..........Just sayin...........:D

That's just ME. Just sayin................

That term ....just sayin...........is my way of voicing my opinion and avoiding a possible confrontation, rebutle and/or a debate on any given situation. ..........Just sayin...........:D

In other words, it really means "don't pay attention, there's no content here worth refuting. I just like to post things whether they are true or not. And I hope no one will respond."

The way to avoid rebuttal or debate is to post verifiable facts. Even then, it may not forestall debate, but it will provide grounds for winning.

• 2 weeks later...
Stacy

We feel your pain. We are also watching prices for the CLE to FLL flights around the same time. We have only flown Continental as well. Cle Hopkins airport is pretty good at clearing snow. This past February,we drove from Broadview Hts to Hopkins in a blizzard and were able to take off later in the day. Not sure we would have been able to drive down to Akron that day. We did plan on going in to FLL a day earlier than our cruise sailed, and we booked a 7:30am flight.

Looks like we will also be signing up for fare alerts.

Thanks for all the suggestions from all the posters.

Marie

Hi Marie!

We finally gave up on Continental from CLE--fare is just too high. We went ahead and booked AirTran out of Akron-Canton with one stop in ATL for $350 PP.

I know what you mean about preferring to fly out of CLE, especially during the winter, but they're making it nearly impossible...at least in my opinion. $500 for a 2.5 hour flight is ridiculous. Even $400 is ridiculous.

I live very close to you--North Royalton :) Small World. Good luck with your search...

Staci, just want to let you know that kayak.com is a great resource for comparative flight pricing! However, you cannot see Southwest on any website but their own, as they do not interline. As of 7-26-11, they will have posted fares through 3-9-12. (Just got off the phone with them). So - you should be able to get some accurate fare prices. It's good that you've stated that you've only flown on CO. Southwest/AirTran is a great airline!! I've flown Southwest several times, and have gotten great deals. Yes, their site shows one-way pricing, but also allows you to see a round/trip price. If you're not familiar with competetive air pricing, find a friend who is. Good luck to you!

Thanks very much!

Thanks very much!

Just checking back, but it looks like you've been able to book something affordable! Good luck to you, and enjoy your cruise!!

Just asking...what's your connection with RCI Majesty? Did you cruise on that ship/work on that ship?? Or am I misinterpreting "Majesty"?? Sorry for being confused! TIA!

We live in Pittsburgh, but are going to be in Cleveland for business the day before our cruise. We looked at airfare from Cleveland to save the drive back, but it was cheaper to drive back to Pittsburgh, get a hotel room by the airport and fly from Pittsburgh.

I see Airtran from PIT-FLL for $276. To bad you already booked.

We live in Pittsburgh, but are going to be in Cleveland for business the day before our cruise. We looked at airfare from Cleveland to save the drive back, but it was cheaper to drive back to Pittsburgh, get a hotel room by the airport and fly from Pittsburgh.

I see Airtran from PIT-FLL for $276. To bad you already booked.

Ah, thanks...I didn't even think of it! We're fine with the $350 though, saves us some driving, so it worked out.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just checking back, but it looks like you've been able to book something affordable! Good luck to you, and enjoy your cruise!!

Just asking...what's your connection with RCI Majesty? Did you cruise on that ship/work on that ship?? Or am I misinterpreting "Majesty"?? Sorry for being confused! TIA!

Thanks, yes, we're booked so one less thing to worry about. Hotel next :)

No, you're right--the "Majesty" in my user name signifies RCI's Majesty of the Seas. Just have sailed on her a ton of times, used to have lots of friends that worked on the ship and on the pier for her, etc. Most have since moved on to other ships or have left the company but they'll be friends for life, so that ship has great memories for me/us. It's our favorite ship!

Stacy

Enjoy your cruise and your flight to FLL. With the memory of driving in the blizzard to get to the airport so vivid in our minds, we're probably still going to keep checking flights through CLE_Hopkins Airport. However, we will probably still check Akron-Canton flights, if no good fares pop-up in the next month. If the weather prediction is bad, you may want to consider one of the nearby motels for the night before. Hopefully, you are booking an extra day in FLL before your cruise.

Marie :)

Stacy

Enjoy your cruise and your flight to FLL. With the memory of driving in the blizzard to get to the airport so vivid in our minds, we're probably still going to keep checking flights through CLE_Hopkins Airport. However, we will probably still check Akron-Canton flights, if no good fares pop-up in the next month. If the weather prediction is bad, you may want to consider one of the nearby motels for the night before. Hopefully, you are booking an extra day in FLL before your cruise.

Marie :)

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the advice--I hadn't thought of that (hotel the night before around the Akron Airport) so I will definitely keep that in mind.

Yes, we are going to FLL two days ahead, so hopefully we'll be okay. Hope you find a good deal soon...

Archived