Oasis & Allure to depart Nassau 1 hr later

I just wanted to let everyone know that both Allure and Oasis have changed itinerary to leave Nassau 1 hour later departure time. Allure leaves at 2PM and Oasis at 3PM. This might help a little bit, since the ship is there for such a small amount of time.

I just wanted to let everyone know that both Allure and Oasis have changed itinerary to leave Nassau 1 hour later departure time. Allure leaves at 2PM and Oasis at 3PM. This might help a little bit, since the ship is there for such a small amount of time.

This is great news we just book Oasis last week for next June. It will be nice to get some extra time in Nassau

Actually they have moved both Oasis and Allure to a 3:00 departure. I just checked our upcoming January cruise and it shows 3:00. I guess RCI got tired of all the complaints about the short port time. I did not go back and research to see what date the actual change takes place.

Actually they have moved both Oasis and Allure to a 3:00 departure. I just checked our upcoming January cruise and it shows 3:00. I guess RCI got tired of all the complaints about the short port time. I did not go back and research to see what date the actual change takes place.

Allure for 9/4 is still showing 2pm, which is an hour better than when we booked it. Hope they do make it later.

Bob

This will be good news if it is in effect for our September cruise. We may end up doing a shore excursion on our own now. Off topic, (sorry but your post made me think of it) We don't really care for Nassau that much anyway. Is RCCL's private island too far away? I'd rather go there then to Nassau if they were to drop Nassau.

Considering the fact that Allure and Oasis visit only three ports, it's a bit better but still too short. Nassau has much to offer first time visitors, especially for those who choose to bypass Atlantis.

This will be good news if it is in effect for our September cruise. We may end up doing a shore excursion on our own now. Off topic, (sorry but your post made me think of it) We don't really care for Nassau that much anyway. Is RCCL's private island too far away? I'd rather go there then to Nassau if they were to drop Nassau.

Coco Cay is not far from Nassau at all, however it currently has no pier. All the ships that visit Coco Cay must tender the passengers. I believe Royal has stated that they don't intend to do any tendering with Oasis / Allure.

The distance is not the issue. RCI will not use tender ports for the Oasis or Allure. Coco Cay is a tender port.

Edit to say that I did not see Clarea's post before I answered.

I think they moved everything from whatever the current scheduled time was up by one hour. The Allure cruises for I think Oct or later were already scheduled for 2PM, and the cruises before then were still only 1PM. That would be great if they would make all cruises including ones from July on, at 3PM, because I am going in Aug. But I am still really happy about the 2PM instead of 1PM departure.

The distance is not the issue. RCI will not use tender ports for the Oasis or Allure. Coco Cay is a tender port.

Edit to say that I did not see Clarea's post before I answered.

Well thanks to both of you. I guess that answers that question. Bummer, what a fun day Coca Cay would be. Guess that means a different ship.

We wont either. I like that they are going to stay an extra hour, as it's one more hour with less people on the ship.

I'll see you up in the Solarium. Even tho you are from Michigan. ;)

Well, that might explain why they pulled back all the shorexs for booking on our Dec cruise. They had several available a few weeks ago and now a message saying" not available yet for this sailing". I'm sure they are re working the schedule.

Wonder if this will affect the entertaimnent schedules too? Also wondering if they will change formal night from day 2 ( Bahamas) to day 3 ( first sea day) on Oasis?

Any of you folks going soon, be sure to let us all know!

Well, that might explain why they pulled back all the shorexs for booking on our Dec cruise. They had several available a few weeks ago and now a message saying" not available yet for this sailing". I'm sure they are re working the schedule.

Wonder if this will affect the entertaimnent schedules too? Also wondering if they will change formal night from day 2 ( Bahamas) to day 3 ( first sea day) on Oasis?

Any of you folks going soon, be sure to let us all know!

Don't see any reason why this would change anything for formal night....3pm is still early enough.

we just booked a cruise on oasis in january and last i checked we were still leaving nassau at 2pm - we were actually debating whether it was worth even getting off the ship - an extra hour may convince some of our group to venture off

I've noticed from some of the compasses that have been posted for the eastern Allure cruises that the Flowrider doesn't open until 12 pm on Nassau day. I hope they do not make it even later now. I was really hoping to get some Flowrider time in without the crowds.

Ron

Our October 2nd cruise on Allure this year also shows a 3 pm departure.

Where are you looking to see your departure time? We're on 9/4 Allure, and it still shows 2pm in our reservation on Royal's website. Could be that they couldn't make the new arrangements in time for our cruise.

Archived