Oasis & Allure to depart Nassau 1 hr later

Where are you looking to see your departure time? We're on 9/4 Allure, and it still shows 2pm in our reservation on Royal's website. Could be that they couldn't make the new arrangements in time for our cruise.

Check out the cruise details tab on your booking dashboard after you log in to "my cruises".

Ron

Check out the cruise details tab on your booking dashboard after you log in to "my cruises".

Ron

Thanks, I was hoping there was some other place to check. Mine still says 2pm. We've still got 8 weeks to go, so maybe ours will go to 3pm by then.

I just wanted to let everyone know that both Allure and Oasis have changed itinerary to leave Nassau 1 hour later departure time. Allure leaves at 2PM and Oasis at 3PM. This might help a little bit, since the ship is there for such a small amount of time.

Interesting, I'll read the replies, but I'm tasked with creating an analogy to reflect how I feel about this. Perhaps instead of being shot with a .45 caliber bullet, this is like getting shot with a .38 instead. But seriously, this is a small correction to a big problem. As I stated in my Allure review, this stop is probably the most worthless stop on RC's list. Fortunately I have been to Nassau 3 times and the stop came on my 30th anniversary this time so we spent the day at the spa/pool all day and with the exception of seeing part of the barrier island along the starboard side and going up on the deck to watch Disney Dream pull in besides us, I never saw Nassau this last time. I would loved to throw Nassua off the itinerary and added Coco Cay, Labadee or perhaps San Juan (if thats possible) instead.

Allure for 9/4 is still showing 2pm, which is an hour better than when we booked it. Hope they do make it later.

Bob

I wonder if dropping fuel prices has helped, perhaps they can travel a little faster now to make it to St Thomas on time. (assuming they aren't already at top speed)

I wonder if dropping fuel prices has helped, perhaps they can travel a little faster now to make it to St Thomas on time. (assuming they aren't already at top speed)

I don't think they are at top speed. However it would make a significant difference in cost if they need to turn on another generator to make the few extra knots it would take to account for the hour or 2 faster transit to St. Thomas.

Where are you looking to see your departure time? We're on 9/4 Allure, and it still shows 2pm in our reservation on Royal's website. Could be that they couldn't make the new arrangements in time for our cruise.

I am sure that is the case as we are leaving next week and our departure time has remained at 2:00 p.m. There must be a specific embarkation date they are using for the new timelime. Hope you all get the extra hour :)

Interesting,... or perhaps San Juan (if thats possible) instead.

Big thumbs up for that. I'm actually interested is seeing Nassau for the first time this January, but the short time ashore makes little sense. If we just headed straight for San Juan from Ft Lauderdale it would work quite well. There would be no need to leave before 11 for the short trip to St Thomas and San Juan is a great evening / night port.

This all makes too much sense.

Joe

Big thumbs up for that. I'm actually interested is seeing Nassau for the first time this January, but the short time ashore makes little sense. If we just headed straight for San Juan from Ft Lauderdale it would work quite well. There would be no need to leave before 11 for the short trip to St Thomas and San Juan is a great evening / night port.

This all makes too much sense.

Joe

i would much rather go to san juan too - we were not impressed the last time we were in nassau - this time we had discussed going to atlantis but with such a short stop it didn't seem like it would be worth it - we'll probably just end up staying on the ship - i have no desire to almost get run over by drivers who think that honking non-stop is effective :)

On our Allure cruise a couple of weeks ago (6/26) the time in port seemed just too short to do much. Also, the excursions to Atlantis seemed very expensive for a just a couple of hours! Captain Johnny told us that it would cost big bucks in terms of fuel for the ship to spend the whole day in port and still get to St Thomas the next morning. We've heard great things about Labadee anjd it would be nice if both Eastern and Western trips stopped there, but that might also have something to do with Oasis scheduling.

- we'll probably just end up staying on the ship - i have no desire to almost get run over by drivers who think that honking non-stop is effective :)

A full day to explore and practice my surfing skill!? Maybe there will be things to eat and drink!

OK, I'm convinced, lol. ;)

While we don't get off in Nassau, departure time is a non-issue. Now speaking of longer stays - Key West so people can take advantage of the best part - the sun setting or just more time to explore.

The Conch Republic does not allow the ships to remain for sunset, so if you want to experience that you'll have to head down there and spend the night.

Archived