Quick review- Just got back from Allure

Allure of the Seas is an amazing ship to be enjoyed by every age group with any variety of interests. Just a few updates and notes on things we didn’t see addressed on other reviews:

Embarkation- Agreed that it is the easiest ever.

Ship- We found it to be easier to navigate than ships one-third its size. The neighborhood concept is not just hype. It actually makes it easy to understand where you are going.

Restaurants- Johnny Rockets was OK for breakfast, but the lunch was actually disappointing. 150 Central was outstanding, but be ready for 2-3 hours. Giovanni’s Table, Izumi Asian Cuisine, and Chops were very good and probably the best for the money. First class service from the very knowledgeable staff at Vintages. Don’t miss our favorite free venues: Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Wipe Out Café, and Sorrento’s. The Windjammer Marketplace food was just as everyone described-- weak at best and always very crowded.

Cabin- We opted for the Boardwalk Balcony in the aft of deck 11. The cabin was loud at times due to the activities on the Boardwalk and the Aqua Theatre below and we decided next time to go back to a regular ocean view balcony. Our girls were OK with their Central Park Balcony, but again would have preferred ocean view. As other have said, you can go to the very aft ends of deck 11 and 12 to hidden balconies to watch the shows.

Shows- We really enjoyed all the shows, comedy club, etc and recommend them B+. However from our balcony you could see the absolutely amazing Aqua Theatre show. The high diving and trampoline work was unreal. Don’t miss it! A+.

Service- Excellent service with lots of smiles all around. Be warned however, that if you have a college-aged child they are beyond strict about the alcohol policy. The waiter about died when we gave our 19 year old a bit of wine with dinner. He called the head waiter over and we learned they had recently been sued. More than once an employee came up to us out of the blue and reiterated their policy uncase we were even thinking about buying a drink for her. My daughter said this is obviously not a “Fun Ship.”

At sea- no problems with deck chair hogs. Loved the variety of pools, but long lines for FlowRiders.

Labadee, Haiti- Much more finished than two years ago when we did the zip line tour. Very relaxing. Don’t forget to sample a Labadoozie drink!

Cozumel, Mexico- our fourth time in Cozumel so we thought we’d try something different. The worst shore excursion we have ever been on was X-Rails to Jade Cavern. It is a poorly maintained 2 seat jeep/go-cart/buggy that you drive over very rough terrain and mud bogs with no power steering for 40 minutes. If you have a bad back or weak hands/wrists you will not survive the ride. Arriving at the cavern completely exhausted and covered with mud, we couldn’t wait to swim. The cavern area was full of mosquitoes, dark and musty. Bats flew overhead. The ride back seemed even longer and then the aggressive sales pitch for tips began.

Falmouth, Jamaica- The new port area is almost complete. The city itself was third world. We definitely recommend the Helicopter Photo Tour- one of the best shore excursions we have ever been on.

:)

Ship- We found it to be easier to navigate than ships one-third its size. The neighborhood concept is not just hype. It actually makes it easy to understand where you are going.

:)

Well worded. I had quite seen it expressed that way, but I agree completely. Add in the electronic kiosks and this was very easy ship to get around.

Our Boardwalk Balcony was 6th from the rear and the last B2 before pricing goes up to B1. From the room you could only see the balcony's across the ship, but from the balcony the views were great.

I think I attached a photo!?!?

1318893723_LeavingCozumel.jpg.7c159a9249d5b5b4ffccf41afaa76ef8.jpg

Thanks for the great review of the Allure, Casey. My wife and I will be sailing on her Oct 23rd (101 days to go!) We will be in a balcony cabin (8067, I believe) , which is on the level of central park. We sailed on the oasis of the seas last year and we also had a balcony on this level. We really loved the Central Park. So relaxing walking through there, and having our breakfast there. Glad you had a nice time. Really interesting about the wait staff getting upset about you giving your 19 year old a sip of wine, especially since most of the wait-staff come from Europe or Asia where they start drinking the stuff at 10 years old since their water supply isn't as clean as ours in the states, but I understand their legal ramification issues, too!!

Sewell-- If we had to do it over we would choose an ocean view balcony on level 8. You will love its convenience because Central Park, Boardwalk, Promenade, and Entertainment are on 8, 6, 5, and 4-- an easy walk down hill. :)

Archived