Flight time departure - Tampa

corky4man

You should be fine with the time. Carnival suggests no flights earlier than 11:30 am for Tampa. When you are on the ship, go to guest services and show them your airline reservation, they will give you an early zone debarkation #. This way you will be one of the first off the ship.

In April we walked off the Inspiration at 9:00, grabbed bags, cleared customs/immigration, jumped in a cab, checked in, and were through TSA security and at our gate just before 10:00 -- could have been sooner if we had carried our own bags off the ship. TPA is only a 15 minute cab ride ($25 flat rate) form the port. You should be fine. ;)

Good luck! :)

In April we walked off the Inspiration at 9:00, grabbed bags, cleared customs/immigration, jumped in a cab, checked in, and were through TSA security and at our gate just before 10:00 -- could have been sooner if we had carried our own bags off the ship. TPA is only a 15 minute cab ride ($25 flat rate) form the port. You should be fine. ;)

Good luck! :)

Thanks John, as always you are so helpful. We have an 11:30 am flt after our upcoming Inspiration cruise so this is good to know. Carnival states no flts earlier than 11:30 so I knew we were cutting it close. I feel much better about booking this flight over the 4pm flt. In addition, the 11:30 flt was only $94 pp so it also saved a little $$.

Did you have to get an early zone # debarkation?

Thanks John, as always you are so helpful. We have an 11:30 am flt after our upcoming Inspiration cruise so this is good to know. Carnival states no flts earlier than 11:30 so I knew we were cutting it close. I feel much better about booking this flight over the 4pm flt. In addition, the 11:30 flt was only $94 pp so it also saved a little $$.

Did you have to get an early zone # debarkation?

Because our flight left before noon (11:55 when I booked it - then USAIR changed it to 11:35 :eek:), they gave us Zone #2 - we assembled in the piano bar at 8:45 AM (the bar still reeked of smoke :() and walked us to the front of the line at 9:00.

Have a good cruise! :)

Because our flight left before noon (11:55 when I booked it - then USAIR changed it to 11:35 :eek:), they gave us Zone #2 - we assembled in the piano bar at 8:45 AM (the bar still reeked of smoke :() and walked us to the front of the line at 9:00.

Have a good cruise! :)

Thanks, great information.

Archived