Carnival Coffee

cobra09

I only drink Starbucks at home. Somehow on the ship I am able to enjoy the standard coffee delivered to the room while sitting on my balcony each morning. Maybe it is the fresh ocean air....or perhaps it is the heavy cream (extra extra cream please)...or could it be the Bailey's I top it off with?

The cream and sugar crowd should be able to drink anything that remotely resembles coffee. They pollute it with additives.

If you can tolerate instant coffee, you are not allowed to complain. The best cup of instant I have ever had was worse than the worst coffee in the world. That is the coffee in the Norfolk Southern railroad yard office in Greensboro, NC. It is unbelievably disgusting.

Doc

FAQs from carnival say no household items. Its a rule from Carnival. (I think coffee makers is in ( ) in case people are in doubt what a household item is.

You would surely want to wash out your pot in the sink??

As I said bring the starbucks. Yes, of course I had the coffee, and I can barely drink it, but I am spoiled at home.

In the MDR you can get capachino or espresso free... but its pretty syrupy to me. Not the best.

Is that still true, about free cap or espresso in MDR? I have read mixed stories on that. Some say its free, others say it is not free anymore. If it is free I would like to take advantage on our next cruise as we never did on our first cruise. :)

To OP: I drink coffee daily, but really don't think I am picky by any means. I probably wouldn't notice if you switched the coffee in my pot with a different brand. However, I did notice that the coffee was pretty awful on board. Never had it in MDR, so maybe that is the best free option, per what other posts say.

Is that still true, about free cap or espresso in MDR? I have read mixed stories on that. Some say its free, others say it is not free anymore. If it is free I would like to take advantage on our next cruise as we never did on our first cruise. :)

To OP: I drink coffee daily, but really don't think I am picky by any means. I probably wouldn't notice if you switched the coffee in my pot with a different brand. However, I did notice that the coffee was pretty awful on board. Never had it in MDR, so maybe that is the best free option, per what other posts say.

Still free in the MDR at dinner, and very good.

I thought the coffee was fine on Carnival from room service, lido, MDR. I did not like the coffee shop coffee. I guess it's personal preference. Was on Princess in October/2010 and found the coffee terrible, paid the extra for the coffee house coffee which was very good. Go figure!!

Cap, latte and express still free in MDR at dinner on Dream last month. Can't opine on breakfast or lunch as I didn't have any then.

AAAUUUGGHHH!!! I feel the same way about drinking good coffee with cream, sugar, etc.... ;)

You read my mind.

You people and your cream, sugar and flavored "stuff". I want my coffee pure with no additives. :D

When sailing with Carnival I have found the buffet coffee to be fine and I really like the MDR coffee.

I drink my share of coffee every day. I start with my travel cup filled with Tully's Kona Blend from my Keurig brewer. I then have 3-4 cups of the crap at work that is labeled as "special roast". It's special all right!. And then in the evening I will have a cup of decaf from the Keurig.

There are mornings when I will get my coffee at McDonald's or Jack in the Box and I have to say I really like both.

No offence to anyone one but I really don't like Starbucks and the Via singles are awful. :(

Archived