Dream - Eastern Itinerary again?

Have I lost my mind, or is the Dream sailing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary again this week?

I was just on her last week (July 2nd-9th) and could have sworn we went to Nassau, St.Thomas and St. Martin ;. I just looked at the Dream webcam and it looks just like they are in St. Martin again today and according to the route schedule, they are. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks. C.

There's a post yesterday about Dream having mechanical problem on one side which will hard to pilot for western. TCCL switch to eastern and gave everyone $100 OBC.

Thank you - I tried to search the forum; but guess my keywords were off.

I appreciate the answer.

Have I lost my mind, or is the Dream sailing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary again this week?

I was just on her last week (July 2nd-9th) and could have sworn we went to Nassau, St.Thomas and St. Martin ;. I just looked at the Dream webcam and it looks just like they are in St. Martin again today and according to the route schedule, they are. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks. C.

How was it? Did you have a great time?

Dream will be returning to Port Canaveral very early, like 2:30am, to have work begin on the thrusters. They hope to get it fixed so they can return to the regular rotation with the July 23 cruise. EM

We just got off the Dream on July 9th and were told by olur server that the itinerary was changed to the eastern run only until the reverse thrusters get fixed in drydock. ( Jan. or Feb.)

Hmm. I would take this with every grain of salt that they use in the MDR on a typical sailing. I can't imagine them allowing this issue to go on for 6+ months. That would be 12-14 sailings that are rerouted. At $100 obc per person that is $350,000 if they sail at 3500 psgr per sailing. 12 sailings would get that to 4.2 million in OBC!! That would be over 40,000 people that would be switched to eastern. Can you imagine what Johns blog would look like with that kind of news??

We just got off the Dream on July 9th and were told by olur server that the itinerary was changed to the eastern run only until the reverse thrusters get fixed in drydock. ( Jan. or Feb.)

OmG are you serious? We are sailing the Western on her in 20 days!! I have been watching closely to see if she gets fixed :(

Hmm. I would take this with every grain of salt that they use in the MDR on a typical sailing. I can't imagine them allowing this issue to go on for 6+ months. That would be 12-14 sailings that are rerouted. At $100 obc per person that is $350,000 if they sail at 3500 psgr per sailing. 12 sailings would get that to 4.2 million in OBC!! That would be over 40,000 people that would be switched to eastern. Can you imagine what Johns blog would look like with that kind of news??

I understand that the OBC is per cabin not per person but still we are talking a lot of money.

Archived