Infant Life Vests?

In case of emergency, they don't use life vests but infant cots. There are no life vests for infants that young provided by the cruise line. What they have is a tiny, sheltered float where you put the baby before boarding the lifeboat.

I have been off here for a while, but saw this and thought I'd relay my experience. I'm planning to bring Coast Guard approved life vests for both my children when we cruise next summer. When we cruised last (Royal Caribbean) my dd was 4 and there was no child vest in the room for her. It was not in my cabin I shared with dh and it was not in the cabin she was staying in with my mom. I asked if I was supposed to bring one myself and they said they'd bring one. I asked every day and one never came.

Just going to bring my own next time.

I am bringing life vests for my DS 5 years old and DS 1.5 years old on our upcoming cruise. Even if they have them in the room, if they go on any tenders it is much safer for them to have life vests on since they can't take the ones from the room. The tenders do carry life vests for emergencies but you don't actually put them on. I will be holding my kids the whole time but why risk anything!

Archived