Premium beverage package - on equinox now

shayelle

Found free wifi in Rhodes. This may have been posted but I don't want to search so

I will just post it. If you have the premium bev package as we do, you can order any drink and just pay the difference if it is over the $12. For example a $14 glass of wine is charged as $2 to your sea pass. I believe this only applies to the premium package.

What an AMAZING trip so far! Perfect weather, great itinerary, and fabulous ship!

Found free wifi in Rhodes. This may have been posted but I don't want to search so

I will just post it. If you have the premium bev package as we do, you can order any drink and just pay the difference if it is over the $12. For example a $14 glass of wine is charged as $2 to your sea pass. I believe this only applies to the premium package.

What an AMAZING trip so far! Perfect weather, great itinerary, and fabulous ship!

Well that goes against every other piece of information received on the subject so far.

Is this what you've been told by someone on-board or have you actually checked it against what you've been billed on your account?

Maybe it's a change following the recent price increases. If so, that's a good move, makes the package even more appealing - even at the higher price.

It has been our experience. They said it started on our July 8 cruise due to popular demand. We didn't ask for it as I read on here that they didn't do it. We were told by a bartender and we have had probably 5 drinks over $12 and have been charged the difference. You have to sign for the difference.

This is great news! Are we 100% sure it is accurate? I would be happy to hear this because there were almost no options in the specialty restaurant on Summit as far as wines that were included on premium.

I don't mind paying the difference and would sample some of the more pricey wines if I were just paying the difference.

In May I just ordered the ones included in my package and actually had the Somolier pour me a glass from the MDR menue. He was very accomodating to me. But it would be nice to have some other options to try......

This actually makes perfect sense from Celebrity's point of view....and I'm not knocking it, I think it's great. But now they can raise their drink prices without having to make sure they still have a decent enough selection under the $12 ceiling.

Does that apply to the Classic package? Can you add to the $8.00 to get a better glass of wine or martini?

Whoops. Just saw the part of the first post where the OP says they think it just applies to the premium package.

Thank you for this information and I hope Celebrity keeps this policy. I am amazed though at those who think Celebrity will now gouge us on drink prices. So many here on this forum are just so negative and never see the positive in anything!:eek: Must of had a poor childhood!!!

Just arrived in Florence after our cruise ended : (. Got our final portfolio. We ordered a total of 9 drinks over the $12 price. At the time of ordering we had to sign a handwritten receipt (rather then the computerized ones) for the difference in price. We were charged on our final portfolio for only one of them ($4 difference). The other 8 we were not charged a difference. I'm sure this was a mistake on their end but we didn't keep any receipts to help them fix it. I think because they just started doing this they are still trying to get the kinks out. We were told our cruise was the first one to do this.

We had an amazing cruise. Will write a review once we are home (I'm on my iPad which isn't optimal for typing a long review).

Archived