Suites on Thomson Spirit

Hello everyone

We (husband and myself) are thinking of a a Suite on the Spirit next year and I wondered if anyone has been in the suites and what did they think of it. We have been on the Spirit 4 times so know what to expect of the ship in general and loved the deluxe cabin we had once. Is the suite worth the extra money and what number/suite did you stay in? I know we wont be spending a huge amount of our time in the cabin but as we are thinking of the Baltic cruise the weather may not be to kind.

Thank you for help.

hi, we had a suite (57) on deck 8. Good size, lots of storage space, nice seating area and huge bed. It was our first ever cruise so have nothing to compare with. Berwyn, i believe may be able to give a better idea he has done many cruises. One thing i will say, is because we were on deck 8 and we experienced very little 'vibration'. We were advised that because of the lifeboats outside our level that we would have a restricted view. We looked out over the top of the lifeboats, and didn't feel that we lost any light or view.

regards Pauline

Can't advise on the Suites but last December we were in Cabin 19 on deck 9 (deluxe) which was very plush with plenty of room and even had a baf :D

No Noise or vibrations and not far from a stagger on the Horrizons bar for a night cap ;)

Thanks both, we know all about the vibration first time on Spirit we were on deck 2 inside cabin lol I think we will go with a deluxe cabin on deck 9 as we love Horizons and as you say not a long stagger lol

We've both had our leave approved so will be booking it tonight and after what's happened to Gills cruises will be booking direct with Thomson's

You certainly can put your own drinks in the "mini fridge" woke up one morning to get a cold bottle of water and there was a half pint of lager in there from the night before :eek: (whoops) couldn't remember that.

As for the duty free we were AI so didn't need to but I reckon you can?

Can't advise on the Suites but last December we were in Cabin 19 on deck 9 (deluxe) which was very plush with plenty of room and even had a baf :D

No Noise or vibrations and not far from a stagger on the Horrizons bar for a night cap ;)

we were in 16 and like above plenty of room , but there were vibrations and they werent the good kind

Hi, we had a suite on deck 7 in April.

We only took it as we had our 23 year old son with us and didn't want him trying to climb into a top bunk when he came in late worse for wear and to give us more room than a 4 berth.

There was a large bedroom with big double bed, and a lounge with the single in for him. Lounge had 2 armchairs, a coffee table and a kettle. Bathroom had a short bath with shower over.

We were just underneath the lifeboats and just the top of the window was cut off.

As son had the lounge for his bedroom with the window, when the curtains dividing the lounge from bedroom were closed at night it was like being in an inside cabin.

That'll save us a few bob on the next cruise as DW said it wasn't too bad being closed in so I can book an inside.

You can see pics here

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww273/Cymro1953/Red%20Sea%20Magic%20April%202011/Our%20Suite/

Berwyn

You certainly can put your own drinks in the "mini fridge" woke up one morning to get a cold bottle of water and there was a half pint of lager in there from the night before :eek: (whoops) couldn't remember that.

As for the duty free we were AI so didn't need to but I reckon you can?

Can you ask for the drinks in the fridge to be removed, so you have more room

• 6 months later...
RR is the belt on the table in photo of any significance ? :D

Stevie:)

Good to have a short laugh with belts on this and the IE Forum :confused: which I may add is the longest thread in the world ?

so good on you RR , I and others respect your

insane drivel, quit wit (much better than me ) and to cheer us all up In troubled times

(unless you check out the Costa forum :eek:)

God help us if myself RR, Kalos, and Jim were ever on the same cruise on AI

:D

one day perhaps ? :cool::

Stevie

Good to have a short laugh with belts on this and the IE Forum :confused: which I may add is the longest thread in the world ?

so good on you RR , I and others respect your

insane drivel, quit wit (much better than me ) and to cheer us all up In troubled times

(unless you check out the Costa forum :eek:)

God help us if myself RR, Kalos, and Jim were ever on the same cruise on AI

:D

one day perhaps ? :cool::

Stevie

Nooooooooooooooo God help the other passengers :D:D

Hi Mtt

we were in suite 056 on deck 8 and we looked our between life boats, so no restricted view at all. There was ample storage wardrobe and shelving, drawers in the dresser, but two very odd bedside 'chests' which we did not use. Ample storage space in the bathroom. Hope this helps:)

Archived