Dining options for FLL and Miami

belkin

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good places to eat.

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami and in Fort Lauderdale we are staying at the Riverside on Los Olas.

On Las Olas near Riverside Hotel, I like Johnny V, Rocco's Tacos and Le Bonne Crepe. Big City Tavern is across from the hotel and is very popular, as is Mangos, a couple of blocks east.

Thanks I will check them out.

The concierge sent us to Garcia's in MIA. Not far from Bayside. Its a small place, nothing fancy but AMAZING seafood!

Love seafood so this sounds like it will be right up our alley, also love the idea that it sounds like a more intimate setting.

The concierge sent us to Garcia's in MIA. Not far from Bayside. Its a small place, nothing fancy but AMAZING seafood!

Just noticed you are from west michigan. We are just north of Grand rapids.

On Las Olas near Riverside Hotel, I like Johnny V, Rocco's Tacos and Le Bonne Crepe. Big City Tavern is across from the hotel and is very popular, as is Mangos, a couple of blocks east.

Agree with this and Big City is one of my favorite restaurants.

Agree with this and Big City is one of my favorite restaurants.

I like to bring visiting out-of-towners to Big City to show them Las Olas. It has a broad menu selection, good food, efficient service and an upbeat vibe. The only drawback I have found is that the noise level can inhibit conversation around a large table.

Flying lessons were literally a hop skip and a jump from where I grew up. What ship and sailing are you on? Have a fabulous cruise!!

Walt Cain was his flight instructor and we rented many planes from him...very nice guy.

We are sailing on the Carnival Imagination on 11/28 and Carnival Freedom on 12/3.

Archived