America's Cup Regatta

Wayfairers

We are doing the regatta in 2 weeks, and I was wondering what shoes to wear. Do people mostly wear tennis shoes or sandals or what? I know the web site says soft-soled shoes, but I was looking for more exact information. Thanks for your help.

We are doing the regatta in 2 weeks, and I was wondering what shoes to wear. Do people mostly wear tennis shoes or sandals or what? I know the web site says soft-soled shoes, but I was looking for more exact information. Thanks for your help.

If you plan on going and not being involved in the action, you can wear any soft sole shoe.

However, if you are working as crew, you will could be on your feet on a moving sail boat. Tennis/sneakers or boat shoes are good. Sandals/flip flops are not.

• 3 years later...

Your group will have all kinds and all ages of people in it. Everyone is assembled at pier side, and at some point they divide you up into crews for the different boats. They try to keep parties and groups together on the same boats, and also to have enough different ages and skills for each boat. They ask about sailing experience, but it's not required at all.

Grouping together is a must. There are 7 of us.

Edited by dorisdvu