Questions about Triumph cabins. Help!

dfmeeks

Good morning everyone!

I have some questions & I know this is the place to go for answers. I'm planning our 3rd Carnival cruise for March 2012 on the Triumph out of Galveston. My 17 yr old daughter & her 2 best friends decided they wanted to cruise for spring break & needed a chaperone. They're all paying their own way. :) My husband & I unselfishly volunteered. Honestly, the sacrifices we make for our child! :D

Here are my questions:

1. Is an OS worth the price over a regular balcony room? How big is the balcony in the OS? My last 2 cruises on Carnival were on the Liberty & the Conquest. We enjoyed balcony rooms on both even though the balcony was small. I'll take any one I could get but would prefer something a little larger.

2. What's the difference between a balcony & a premium balcony? JS & OS?

3. Can my daughter & her 2 friends have a cabin on a different deck from us? They know to travel EVERYWHERE together & call us when they get into their room at night. What are Carnival's rules? Last yr, one of the girls cruised with us & the 2 girls had their own room but it was directly across from ours.

Thank you for your help!

Dorothy

The 9s which now I see Carnival is calling JSs are the best imo. They are corner afts with wrap around balconys, but there are only 6 per ship.

cruisedeckplans has the sizes of cabins and balconys if you want to compare.

But I would take a 9C over anything. The cabins are not that huge, but they are very open and you can see two directions.

Can my daughter & her 2 friends have a cabin on a different deck from us? They know to travel EVERYWHERE together & call us when they get into their room at night. What are Carnival's rules? Last yr, one of the girls cruised with us & the 2 girls had their own room but it was directly across from ours.
Pretty sure if there's not an adult (21 or older) in the cabin, then they need to be right next to/across the hall from you.

firefly333, I'll check out that website. Thank you! The size of the room doesn't matter to me either. I prefer a larger balcony!

Stillpooh, I'm going to call Carnival & ask. I'm hoping there's some flexibility but you may be right. Thanks for responding!

3. Can my daughter & her 2 friends have a cabin on a different deck from us? They know to travel EVERYWHERE together & call us when they get into their room at night. What are Carnival's rules?

when they turn 18 they can be anywhere on the ship. Now they have to be within 3 cabins of your cabin.

Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

Note:

It is mandatory that all minor age bookings be cross referenced with the parents’, grandparents’ or legal guardian’s booking.

Carnival will document all bookings on their side as well.

firefly333, I'll check out that website. Thank you! The size of the room doesn't matter to me either. I prefer a larger balcony!

Stillpooh, I'm going to call Carnival & ask. I'm hoping there's some flexibility but you may be right. Thanks for responding!

We must have been posting at the same time. sorry I didnt copy and paste faster with what you needed.

We are traveling with our 2 teenagers on the Triumph in June 2012 :D ... when we booked they put DH & DS in one cabin, and me and DD in another. He said when we get there, we can sleep wherever we want, but you have to have an adult in each room for booking purposes.

So, book your DH & DD together, then you and your DD's friends in the other ... and when you get on the ship, just switch with DD.

:)

Christyran1228, Are the cabins within 3 rooms of each other? We did that last yr but our rooms were across from each other.

Firefly333, Any excuse to cruise! My preference use to be AIs in Mexico but, after cruising on the Carnival Liberty, I'm now hooked on cruises....as long as I have a balcony. There appears to be a few aft wraps left on our sailing so I'm going for it! I just have to wait for 1 more parent to confirm that he'll advance his daughter deposit money.

Christyran1228, Are the cabins within 3 rooms of each other? We did that last yr but our rooms were across from each other.

Firefly333, Any excuse to cruise! My preference use to be AIs in Mexico but, after cruising on the Carnival Liberty, I'm now hooked on cruises....as long as I have a balcony. There appears to be a few aft wraps left on our sailing so I'm going for it! I just have to wait for 1 more parent to confirm that he'll advance his daughter deposit money.

If you book a adult into each cabin, christy is correct, they wouldnt care where you book. Once onboard sometimes they will do the complete switch, sometimes just give you extra key cards so you can get into the other cabin.

Carnival doesnt care where you sleep once onboard and your S&S card is tied to whatever credit card you checked in on, not to your cabin.

Well, I booked an aft wrap balcony on the Verandah deck for DH & me, & an inside cabin 8 cabins away from our cabin for my DD & her 2 best friends. I'm so excited!!

Thank you for your input & help firefly333 & christyran1228!

Dorothy

Archived