What I don't LIke. Nothing wrong with being Critical!

teegeezfun

The problem I have with this thread is that it was obviously in response to libramitch's "What I Like" thread. I think it's great that everyone posts their thoughts both good and bad, I just think this was a very cynical response to what was a harmless thread. There are all the other threads to post your criticisms. I think this was just completely unnecessary and obnoxious.

ma dingaling, er...i mean bell, i was reviewing your history of previous posts to see if i should be taking your remarks personally and i note you do your share of "obnoxious criticism" on lots of threads. whenever you don't agree with someone you try to shut them up by calling them negative or a complainer. do me a favor, any time you see my screen name on a thread PLEASE avoid me like the plague. i wouldn't want to upset your fine sensibility any longer...

Ma Bell, I completely agree with you. That other thread was great and we don't need anyone demeaning it. All these negative posts have really harshed my buzz. When I finally find one that is uplifting some joker has to belittle and mock it.

I kinda thought the name of this place said it all,,, but after reading thru this and finding negativisms, demeanings and, everyone esle thought differently about the cruise remarks, it makes me wonder what the sense in posting here actually is,,,,, well,,, in my humble opinion, it's to write about those "cons", we see or encounter while on this or any cruise,,, and I have had some of those encounters,,, and if you feel the need to state your "pro" about that very same cruise, that's good too,,,, after all that is what this place is about,,,, or is it.

If you sit with a group of Ford fans, and start bashing ford, and praising gm, you undoubtedly will not be received favorably by those ford fans.

If you sit with a bunch of Celebrity cruisers (ie; on the celebrity board) and start bashing celebrity (even if it's under the guise of constructive critique), and perhaps praising Princess, or Hal, you most likely will not be received favorably by the Celebrity cruiser. Doubt it? Go over to the HAL board, and make some negative comments about HAL. See what the response is.

This is just the way it goes. Nobody is saying the Corvette is a bad car, we are simply saying we prefer to drive Mustangs (that's not a real comparison, just an example reference)....

Each cruise is a different experience depending on the particular room and the particular staff you encounter and your personal expectations. We have been on Celebrity 6 times including twice on the Horizon. Each cruise had it's various good points and bad points. One time on the Horizon the food was wonderful, the other time it was extremely dissapointing. One one cruise we had booked two suites. One was spotless, the other had stains all over it and mold in the shower and we had to get it remedied. We had the best CD ever on Carnival and every CD since then pales in comparison. Had we not experienced "the best", then we would have thought they all were fine. I think it also depends on previous vacation experiences. Perhaps seasoned cruisers become more critical as the awe and novelty wear off. Maybe someone lives in a metropolitan area with fine restaurants and someone else thinks a nice restaurant is the Olive Garden or Applebee's. Having been in some nice land based spas and on the ship I no longer "waste" my money on the ship's Steiner spas because I feel they are overpriced and inferior. Others may rave about them. I don't think we should dismiss other's opinions or experiences just because we think differently. Can't we all just get along?

Hi Phil:D I found out you will be sailing with 2 new friends of mine from my WONDERFUL FANSTASTIC CENTURY CRUISE:) The ship looked BEAUTIFUL to me:) ~no matter what bashing she has taken from others, my group had a wonderful week. A couple who was on their first cruise kept saying they didn't know cruising could be so elegant. I told them that is what CENTURY is all about.;)

Anyway, Vickie and John are great and they like the t-pool, so I know you and Marti will meet them! They love to cruise too!

They were also soooooooo sweet and sent me and my table a bottle of wine for my birthday!

(CALIFORNIA wine)!

They will be on your Hawaii cruise in October.

OK, I'll weigh in here too. The sort of posts I like reading are not always the "aint life great" comments. It's good to hear some negatives too just as a balance and some of the best reviews I have read include the negatives as well as the positives and the overall picture comes out as the poster being true and honest. It is the ones that turn into a rant that really turn me off. I just don't feel I can really learn much from them, especially if the story from the poster is hearsay.

Phil

What don't I like???? Having my suitcases packed and ready to go on a long awaited trip to Hawaii and 4 days before we sail its CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!! Infinity to Hawaii 3-27-05. Can't get much worse than that!

It is all good!!! Even with it's bumps (which I have no problem sharing) life is all good. How fortunate we are to be able to cruise. Even with a little glitch during a cruise, we are still more fortunate than a lot of people in the world. I hope that you did not start (and I am not trying to come over like I am flattering myself) this thread because you felt personally "attacked" by me. No where in the thread that I started did I indicate that anyone person or group of people or any one posting or group of postings was the reason I did so. I started it because I felt like it. Thought it would be fun. The purpose of it was never to create a conflict. It was just a light hearted and spirited thread.

Nothing wrong with either one of the our threads. We all have the option of reading a thread or posting on a thread. Whether we like it or not. All part of it. Like I said in the beginning, "It is all good."

actually, i apologize if you feel that i started this thread to belittle you or your ideas. no, nothing so personal. don't even know you.

in analyizing my motives in starting this thread, i guess i feel a bit defensive sometimes when reading or posting things to this community in general because of the bashing we critics receive whenever we try to exercise the boards stated purpose. maybe i did think you were of the type that bashes others for being honest.

or, maybe i just wanted to invite equal time on a SAFE THREAD to those that have something critical to say.

I didn't give it that much thought.

you've got a lot of mean spirited folks around here that, under cover of anonymity look to stir up trouble. you notice that this thread contains posts from several others that project extreme negativity onto me, personally insulting and attacking me and my intent. these people have no idea what my intent is, they are projecting based on THEIR OWN PERCEPTION, WHICH SCREAMS NEGATIVITY!!

its just a phreakin' message board people.

I think it's kind of funny that some of these people are preaching so loud that they don't notice that they are the perveyors of the most negativity of all in this community!! calling me, among other things "obnoxious and sad"...well, pretty negative wouldn't you say?

not to worry, i have a tough skin and will continue to say exactly what i want to within the bounds of board rules...i hope you will too.

I guess I shouldn't have used those particular words. I know "sad" is particularly horrible. Sorry, but as you said I thought your post was a direct response to a completely non-controversial thread. You've managed to make some kind remarks including childish name calling. You say you've been reading the boards and I am one of the most negative posters. I don't know what you're reading...maybe you could give me an example. As I said, I like to hear both sides ...the good and the bad...and we certainly have no lack of criticism on these boards.

By the way, since I don't know you I couldn't call "you" obnoxious or sad...just your actions. I guess I don't understand how someone could feel defensive about a post that just wants to know what people like.

You're absolutely right when you say only you know what your motivation for your post was and if I was mistaken, I apologize.

Hi again.

On any new thread, there is only ONE person who knows the true intentions of their thread and that is the Original Poster.

And as we cannot "read tone" on a message board sometimes things get taken to the extreme.

I agree with Ma, if I totally misinterpreted your post, I apologize.

Archived