Use OBC for Norwegian shuttle?

FLchick2

Hi Everyone,

I just booked a Norwegian cruise, I'm very excited!

Ok, so here is my question. My mom received a $50 OBC. I know the Norwegian shuttle from the airport to the port & from the port to the airport is $35 each way.

Is there a way to use the OBC for one or both shuttle rides? Maybe just the shuttle ride back?

Can we even purchase the shuttle ride back onboard.....or does that need to be booked in advance?

Thank you!

OBC means On Board Credit. If the shuttle is something that is charged to her on board account, then yes, the OBC will be applied toward it (and other on board charges). If the shuttle fare is something that has to be paid prior to the cruise with the cruise fare, then the answer is no.

she can also use it for the daily service charge

and drinks

and speciality restaurants

and excursions

and gift shop

Plenty of places to spend it. And, by the way, you really do not spend the actual OBC - it is just a credit on your account.

And, also - taxi is faster and cheaper in Miami.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if the 2nd shuttle ride (ship to airport) can be charged to my on-board account.

But, I did not realize the OBC could be used for gratuities, so that is perfect.

We are leaving from Port Canaveral.

Thanks again!

"Can we even purchase the shuttle ride back onboard....."

Yes, you can, we've done it in the US and in Europe. You will be getting daily paperwork, it will be left in your cabin, read it, the return shuttle is usually offered several days before the end of the cruise.

OBC will be applied to your account against any charge that will be posted: daily tips, alcohol, soda, specialty restaurants, ship tours, souvenirs, and yes, a return shuttle.

We are leaving from Port Canaveral.

Thanks again!

I was sure I read it was Miami - apparently not.

If you are getting from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral for $35 each, then that is a good deal and one of the times I would suggest taking the shuttle.

Archived