Tom Cruise Movie, The Firm, Outdoor Bar in Grand Cayman?

FLchick2

Ok, yes, this is somewhere I’ve always wanted to see. It looked beautiful. (The place where his company party was and he met a girl hired by The Firm.) A little Googleing tells me it used to be the Holiday Inn Grand Cayman. Does anyone know if it still exists, and if it looks the same?

Thank you in advance!

The old Holiday Inn is no more. It was located where the present day Ritz Carlton has been built.

Holiday Inn did make one more move, to where Courtyard by Marriott was located (not the Marriott Resort). The Courtyard by Marriott was closed a couple years ago after a hurricane.

The Cayman Islands have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the movie The Firm. It certainly brought notoriety to these Islands that Time Forgot but for all the wrong reasons. The financial services industry has long struggled to put to rest the myths popularized by this movie.

bookbabe - ok, thank you.

drew sailbum - wonderful information, thank you. I looks like I won't be eating lunch were the party was filmed.

Do you have any recommendations - where to eat lunch? Any lunch spots on the water / beach that are particularly nice or beautiful?

Thank you for your help.

The old Holiday Inn is no more. It was located where the present day Ritz Carlton has been built.

Holiday Inn did make one more move, to where Courtyard by Marriott was located (not the Marriott Resort). The Courtyard by Marriott was closed a couple years ago after a hurricane.

Thanks for the correction, Drew...it also clears up my confusion over the Dart deal. I couldn't figure out why Dart would want a hotel at one end of the beach and a bunch of land at the other...makes much more sense now. I'm assuming that the Courtyard site is near Public Beach somewhere? I can't remember seeing it...

Drew - wonderful information, thank you. I looks like I won't be eating lunch were the party was filmed.

Do you have any recommendations - where to eat lunch? Any lunch spots on the water / beach that are particularly nice or beautiful?

Our favorite place to get out of the crowds, especially if you are arriving on a ship is to head about a mile south of the dock to Sunset House Resort. They have a huge beautiful patio that looks out over the beautiful blue water. It doesn't have a beach, but rather rock or maybe Coral (someone else can help on that) small cliffs into the water. You can swim there, there's an entry and it's beautiful for snorkeling. The best part is the drinks are ice cold and the food it terrific and inexpensive compared to town. We love it here and feel bad telling people to go there, for fear eveyone will discover it and we'll loose our little piece of paradise. Big open-air palapa bar and great snacks and grill food. Conch fritters were wonderful!!

Sunset.jpg.57f274493e7d72346aed5927cc6143f6.jpg

SunsetBar.jpg.4d3076007334a0d3514bcf0da0dd79a9.jpg

do not go

do not enjoy the wonderful staff

do not enjoy the pool (IF YOU ASK THEY USUALLY SAY SURE ... GO AHEAD)

do not snorkel here (only some of the best on the island)

if a certified diver do NOT shore dive here - it is where I go every time

if you need a dive experience for a newbie do NOT do it here - altho this is where I took dd last year

do NOT play dominoes with the locals at the bar .... U were warned!

Do NOT tell anyone else about Sunset House . . . save it for us . . .

• 3 weeks later...
do not go

do not enjoy the wonderful staff

do not enjoy the pool (IF YOU ASK THEY USUALLY SAY SURE ... GO AHEAD)

do not snorkel here (only some of the best on the island)

if a certified diver do NOT shore dive here - it is where I go every time

if you need a dive experience for a newbie do NOT do it here - altho this is where I took dd last year

do NOT play dominoes with the locals at the bar .... U were warned!

Do NOT tell anyone else about Sunset House . . . save it for us . . .

lol Ok not a word!!

Archived