Legend barcelona sagrada familia

texasgal01

We are first time travelers on the SB on the Legend. One of our stops is Barcelona and we want to get tickets to see the Sagrada Familia, but don't know how long it takes to get off the ship and get there by metro. On the itinerary, it says we are in port at 8am.

Any help would be appreciated.

We are first time travelers on the SB on the Legend. One of our stops is Barcelona and we want to get tickets to see the Sagrada Familia, but don't know how long it takes to get off the ship and get there by metro. On the itinerary, it says we are in port at 8am.

Any help would be appreciated.

You will be able to do this easily, we have even walked there before now and managed to get in and have alook round.

If ship docks at 8am then you should be iff before 9am. Just walk up Ramblas and there is a Metro there, only takes a few mins, or walk and view the sights.

Enjoy your cruise,.

You are so lucky to be seeing it now. When we were there three years ago the scaffolding was still up ( it was recently removed). Nonetheless it iwas an amazing sight. And you must also take the time to visit the Gaudi park -- it is a bit of a walk from the Metro but well worth it. And as a bonus just think of all of those Seabourn calories you are burning off. Finally guard you valuables -- hubby was robbed on the Metro!!!

When we were in Barcelona, the HOHO bus (hop on hop off) was a great way to see all the sites. Seven languages, ear phones, get off anywhere and get on the next bus that comes around.

We took the hop on hop off bus last year and it provided a good overview on three different routes. Just be advised that it is very popular and certain stops (such as Sagrada Familia) had very long lines to reboard.

But, you can always take a cab back and I agree with wripro - they are fairly priced. In Spain, taxi drivers do not expect a tip; however, there is a small surcharge for pick-up or drop-off at the cruise terminals in Barcelona.

If Sagrada Familia is the only site you want to see, I would recommend taking a cab both ways.

If we have time we will walk to the Sagrada, if not take a taxi for out 9am tickets. Then, I think we will go to Casa Mila (I did not get tickets because I was unsure of time). I don't know if we can walk there or taxi it. Then to Parc Guell. At this point, I would like to take the hop on hop off bus around as much as we can. We have tickets for the tour at the Music Hall at 5pm and the walk down the Rambla. We would only take the taxi because of time or distance. Does this seem like it is a workable itinerary for one day? Any advice or suggestions are welcomed.

thanks

At the bottom of the page there is a link to the roll calls -- not very active.

This is our seventh two-week Seabourn cruise. We are loyal to the brand -- when we find something we like we tend stick with it. I think you will enjoy the cruise and the itinerary, the cruise line is very popular among Dallas folks. Think M on TC afloat.

I also recommend the luggage service. Do you leave DFW on the 11th for Rome through FRA?

>"Any hints. This is our first."

I know how hot it is in Dallas, have a friend there. So plonk yourself under the A/C and read a variety of the current threads. Hints and suggestions are there, such as the need for a power strip for charging, and my favorite for the little sisters: remove the chair in front of the vanity and replace it with one of the stools. Much more room to pass by. (This was a tip from Martita, I wsn't smart enough to figure it out!)

Here's one discussion that may be of help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1299502&highlight=hints

We did your same plan (but in reverse) with a guide. He led us on a walk from the ship to Casa Mila (a long but interesting walk) and then took us by Metro to Sagrada. It seemed like a long ways from Casa Mila to Sagrada, and is probably too far to walk. By the time we had toured both we were tired and ready for a rest (our 19 and 22 year old's were ready for a rest too, so it wasn't just us old folks!) We went back to the ship for a couple of hours and then took a taxi to Parc Guell which was my favorite of all. We got there about 6pm on a Saturday and it was absolutely packed. I wish we had done it earlier in the day (I heard it was much less crowded that morning). Because you have so much planned, I would advise using taxi/bus/metro as much as possible, or you will be worn out from all the running around. (I am originally from Dallas and we had a lot of Texans when we were on the Legend last summer.)

JANEBP

what great hints..........I will read some more.

3418ahl

unfortunately the HOHO bus doesn't run in that order and I feel because of the crowds we need to do them that way. One of the bad things about cruising is not enough time to see everything. I told my boyfriend to be prepared for our repeat of our trip to NYC on speed!!!!!!!

jdaa

thanks I will keep that in mind when we drag ourselves to the boat and won't feel bad about using the taxis!

themed4me

any gems of wisdom? Nice to know that we will have friends from home. Maybe we need a Texans meet in the bar? I looked for the rollcall. I found yours on Aug. 12, but I didn't see the Aug. 19th? Am I looking in the wrong place?

If we have time we will walk to the Sagrada, if not take a taxi for out 9am tickets.

I'm all for walking, but you will want to get an early start because it's at least 3 miles from the ship to Sagrada Familia. If you aren't docked at the World Trade Center pier, it's even further.

It is an easy walk downhill from Park Guell to Familia Sagrada. If you took a cab there early you could avoid that crowds and the heat and still make it to FS by 9. The Gaudi house would be closed, but every time I have been there it was packed like sardines, so never got past the gift shop anyway. Just look for the FS towers while at the park, head that direction, and ask people along the way if you are headed the right way.

We get on on the 12th for two weeks. I think most on the roll call for the Legend -- in August -- in the Med -- are on for at least two weeks. This itinerary and ship draws a lot from the UK/Europe where summer vacations tend to be longer. Americans are likely to be well-represented but it would not surprise me if we are in the minority. What part of Dallas?

Archived